Eppalock

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Eppalock

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 am

Fished Eppalock this weekend in round 5 of the central vic lure casters! Great company quite a few bevs on the Friday night may have seen me face plant in front of half the caravan park lol woke up a tad sore but Friday we unpacked our gear launched the boat n headed out.. found some likely water n started working the area in 2 hours we got 3 fish so good pre fish headed back to begin drinking!

Comp day target was Redfin so murpheys law I couldn’t find any. (1 puny u der Comp size) I managed one 61cm carp and one yella co angler unfortunately dropped 2 nice fish. I was spewing we didn’t find the reddies cause a place woulda been nice but loved catching yellas in comparison. Went to weigh in n cooked dinner few low key drinks n a early night!

Sunday was dash for cash we headed straight to the same spot as it was the only spot we could pull fish from the whole weekend! N it again managed one nice 47cm yella for my co angler! The dash for cash was winner take all and the fishing was tough going so even though it wasn’t a horse we knew he was in for a chance. Then word got out of a slob of a fish at 61cm being caught that was the fish to beat n no one could do it!

All n all good weekend water temp 18° yellas are firing in the shallow water great company and finally happy to see my boat getting good fish! 7 fish for the weekend all on the green jd eddy dam busta which was the lure that almost got me the win last year in the reddie Comp!
Attachments
4A990FDB-570B-4DF8-9603-94753B553041.jpeg
A9102536-3304-43C1-ADA6-E8DBF3BD6E58.jpeg
31B3C859-CDEF-4668-B538-80896E2F281D.jpeg
7480B6E2-1465-41A5-9C09-4A60EC2A3072.jpeg

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Re: Eppalock

Post by April Fool » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 am

BIG GAV wrote:...............Comp day target was Redfin so murpheys law I couldn’t find any..........
They may have been hiding inside the yellas! Nice effort! Do you fish all rounds of these comps or just the odd one? I know some guys here in Shepp that do it...seems like a friendly comp.
cheers
Jim

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 pm

April Fool wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:...............Comp day target was Redfin so murpheys law I couldn’t find any..........
They may have been hiding inside the yellas! Nice effort! Do you fish all rounds of these comps or just the odd one? I know some guys here in Shepp that do it...seems like a friendly comp.
cheers
Jim
I did last year.. this year I didn’t I only fished mulwala n Eppalock I plan to fish the final round not that it will do me any good haha but it is a good group of blokes n I enjoy the social atmosphere! There’s a world of knowledge amongst the crew! The raffles are amazing!! N the lure stands get me every time!!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Great report and pics BG!
Cheers :thumbsup:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:47 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
April Fool wrote:
cheers
Jim
I did last year.. this year I didn’t I only fished mulwala n Eppalock I plan to fish the final round not that it will do me any good haha but it is a good group of blokes n I enjoy the social atmosphere! There’s a world of knowledge amongst the crew! The raffles are amazing!! N the lure stands get me every time!!
That sounds like good fun. Is there something similar for the salt water / estuaries? If not, there needs to be!

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Kimtown wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
April Fool wrote:
cheers
Jim
That sounds like good fun. Is there something similar for the salt water / estuaries? If not, there needs to be!
Competition wise there’s the abt not that I’ve fished it, I prefer freshwater fishing I rarely do the salt when there’s a spot on a mates boat. If u wanna fish competition an angling club could be a good place to start.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:32 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
April Fool wrote:
cheers
Jim
Competition wise there’s the abt not that I’ve fished it, I prefer freshwater fishing I rarely do the salt when there’s a spot on a mates boat. If u wanna fish competition an angling club could be a good place to start.
Yeah most of the local clubs host comps all the time, but I'm not sure they do a multiple round league comp at different locations every weekend - like what you seem to be talking about - THAT would be fun. I'd give up footy to go do that every weekend lol

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Kimtown wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
April Fool wrote: They may have been hiding inside the yellas! Nice effort! Do you fish all rounds of these comps or just the odd one? I know some guys here in Shepp that do it...seems like a friendly comp.
cheers
Jim
Yeah most of the local clubs host comps all the time, but I'm not sure they do a multiple round league comp at different locations every weekend - like what you seem to be talking about - THAT would be fun. I'd give up footy to go do that every weekend lol
Definately not every weekend there’s 5 rounds throughout the year.. I didn’t fish them much this year do to work and a few hiccups with getting the boat how I wanted it.

Outside of this comp I fish the cod classic and a few fw trips with my club but never with intention to place just to get out n do what I really enjoy.. but come December I’m rarely fishing for anything but cod

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:52 pm

It’d be nice to see a vic estuary series for bream n flatties

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Nice work Gav great report mate :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”