The 'channel' cod have migrated!

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Rod Bender

The 'channel' cod have migrated!

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi peoples
Some may have seen my reports on the abundance of smallish cod I caught in the local Shepparton channels this season. The channel in particular 'tips' into the Nine Mile Creek upstream of Wunghnu. I fish this creek at times with intentions of killing carp, prior to visiting a mate in the thriving metropolis of Wunghnu. It was a no-brainer to me that cod would end up in the creek. My mate has fished it extensively for about 5 years producing carp, redfin (but not lately) and a yella or two...but no cod. Until last week...pulled his first cod (35 cm's) out of there!

I have never fished waters where there are so many fkn bait pinching yabbies...to the point where I don't bother fishing it in warmer months because of the fkn bait pinching yabbies. But move over fkn bait pinching yabbies cos the fkn yabby pinching cod have moved in! :) Creek gets very low in winter but there are some holes where the cod should hold. Happy days!
cheers
Team Jimbo
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: The 'channel' cod have migrated!

Post by davek » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 pm

you had better tell old mate to expect another visit then :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Australian Natives”