Clear Water Murray Cod Areas

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
nooga27

Clear Water Murray Cod Areas

Post by nooga27 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Hey fishos,
Merry Christmas to all!

I'm a big trout fisho and recently getting into Murray Cod and loving it. I'm very keen on the idea of clearwater cod, have watched a few videos and it just looks like an awesome experience!

Wondering if anyone can share some rivers and/or areas that this can be done around Victoria. I would assume rivers like the Kiewa, maybe the King and the Ovens should be a goer, but not really sure on the actual sections or towns to have a good go at. Have done some research and can't find a whole lot in terms of locations!

Cheers all!
Nick
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Re: Clear Water Murray Cod Areas

Post by Sebb » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:57 pm

I'd say the ovens between wangaratta and Bright.
The closer tk Bright, the clearer the water, but more trouty than cod. The rivers and creeks flow into the ovens would have cod too.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:10 pm

Watch ifish this Sunday 17th Dec.
Attachments
IMG_20231214_221007.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Russell Harris
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Russell Harris » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:42 am

Depends on where you live and distance you are willing to travel. I am based in Wangaratta. Look at:- Murray river up to Corryong / Ovens river from junction with murray upstream / King River from Wangaratta upstream / Broken River / Most if not all tributaries of the murray. Lake Eildon is developing into one on the best cod fishing venues in victoria / Lake Mulwala is a great fishery. Have a look at "Native Fish" posts in this Forum. Google any of the rivers I have mentioned ie:- Google "King River Access Map" this will give access points along the river as well as targeted species. If you want detailed information on the Murray River System from Albury to Yarrawongs, purchase SVmaps for "Murray River Access Albury to Yarrawonga" and expand your searches via "Google" There are also some waters in theWestern District of Victoria that provide year round Cod Fishing.

Return to “Australian Natives”