Cod Trip,who's interested?

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
shaynebennett

Re: Cod Trip,who's interested?

Post by shaynebennett » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks Brett. You're a champ. If I'm reading it right - I can use an opera house as long as I wire the entrance so that it can't open enough to let birds get caught in it????????
If only I could fish more

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm not sure that's correct, Shayne. If you look at the guide, waters east of Echuca, look as though they prohibit opera house design of nets.

Take a look at page 42 of the fishing guide. If all else fails, I can ring NSW DPI and get a clarification

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:07 pm

No no, I think you're right. Modified nets only to the west - perhaps I shouldn't try to watch TV at the same time as reading important legislation! Thanks mate.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:15 pm

They (opera houses) cant be used where we are going fella's,shrimp nets are fine though.
drew 2 wrote:Ok here is a list of what you guys need to bring along.
Sleeping: Somewhere warm & dry to sleep & something warm to sleep in,
Eating: plate,knife fork,cup etc as well as what ever you want to eat,I have meat (snags, burgers & onions for all sat night) I'm taking up a plate for over the fire as well as a couple of little single burners & a billy & big frying pan as well as tongs,scraper,egg flip etc,so no need for anyone to pack the 4 burner along for the trip,there'll be something to cook on.
Refreshments: what ever takes your fancy,dont forget to bring water.
Fishing:Whatever gear you want to use & a current NSW licence.
Personal comfort:Hat,sunnys,torch,chair,stubbyholder,esky & dunnypaper,some warm clothes for the night time too.

I'm taking a chainsaw up for the firewood,just hope murlz can cart it as fast as i cut it :lol: :lol:

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Yeah I've got a little shrimp/bait net to bring along. Hope to get some livies to feed some stick fish

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

drew 2 wrote:They (opera houses) cant be used where we are going fella's,shrimp nets are fine though.
Eating: plate,knife fork,cup etc as well as what ever you want to eat,I have meat (snags, burgers & onions for all sat night) I'm taking up a plate for over the fire as well as a couple of little single burners & a billy & big frying pan as well as tongs,scraper,egg flip etc,so no need for anyone to pack the 4 burner along for the trip,there'll be something to cook on.
Personal comfort:Hat,sunnys,torch,chair,stubbyholder,esky & dunnypaper,some warm clothes for the night time too.

I'm taking a chainsaw up for the firewood,just hope murlz can cart it as fast as i cut it :lol: :lol:

and don't forget the BUSHMAN'S INSECT REPELLANT FOR THE NIPPING MOSSIES if your suspect to Barmah Forest virus which is around at present.Take this advise seriously because it can make you crook for some time. :Blah: :Bar: :icon_lolz:
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 am

Eating: plate, knife fork, cup etc as well as what ever you want to eat, I have meat (snags, burgers & onions for all sat night) I'm taking up a plate for over the fire as well as a couple of little single burners & a billy & big frying pan as well as tongs,scraper,egg flip etc,so no need for anyone to pack the 4 burner along for the trip, there'll be something to cook on.

I have most of that packed as well already. I need a bigger boat. As for the fire wood. My idea would be that Drew and I cut a bloody great stack and as everyone else arrives they cart it. Just a thought.
Oh! I have packed bananas for everyone. :roll:
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Is it worth trying surface lures around dusk and after dark, or will you lot be to pissed and possibly fall in?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Many years ago I had an opera house yabby trap, that I put in a local lake, when I pulled it up it was extremely heavy and it turned out to be full of turtles. Sadly not all survived and I have since stopped using this type of yabby trap.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Brett wrote:Is it worth trying surface lures around dusk and after dark, or will you lot be to pissed and possibly fall in?
I intend doing this if I can find a good part of the bank to cast from. I don't drink so no chance of falling in and I will be monitoring other members as I am running zero tolerance for alcohol consumption whilst I am there :D
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Australian Natives”