Cod opening 2014!

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
jedgpz

Re: Cod opening 2014!

Post by jedgpz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Finished my homemade lures for Monday.
I have not fished for Cod with any of my homemade lures as yet but am planning on trolling them on monday. Heres hoping

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:53 pm

They look alright mate, good luck with them, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Nice work jedgpz :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:44 pm

malleestump wrote:
Rod Bender wrote:So who is making an effort? Eventually I will get down to a river and have a go with lures. Have been trying for a yella on a lure so only difference will be using larger lures. I have a goal of getting a cod off the surface...something I have tried once before without luck. All my effort in December will be along the lines of 2 - 3 hour trips locally...fish with spinnerbaits until the light fades then surface lures.
cheers
Jim

While you are luring Jim have a line in with cheese I guarantee the cheese will win hands down.
I'm not a 'cheese' person...I only like using natural baits...don't know why, that's just me. Have found before as well that when I'm 'luring', a bait rod just seems to get in the way. It was a few years ago using shrimp on a rod whilst also casting lures...most of my time was spent rebaiting the rod or removing carp! :-D Thanks for the tip anyway, I'm sure others will find it handy. :thumbsup:
Also,nice lures jedgpz!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm

I have it on good authority that cheese, in fact, is a natural bait. It happens to be the natural enemy of the cod. Many thousands of years ago, in the dreamtime, the mighty murray cod was attacked by an invading 'troop' (the official name for a herd of cheese) while perusing the waters of the murray river. This led to a fierce rivalry, which continues to this day. This, my friends, is why cod readily attack cheese...it is actually a form of defence, forever fearing the return of the once vanquished Bega Troop. Look it up in folk lore guys.....not just an urban myth!!! Lol
If only I could fish more

eslop

Post by eslop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:04 pm

shaynebennett wrote:I have it on good authority that cheese, in fact, is a natural bait. It happens to be the natural enemy of the cod. Many thousands of years ago, in the dreamtime, the mighty murray cod was attacked by an invading 'troop' (the official name for a herd of cheese) while perusing the waters of the murray river. This led to a fierce rivalry, which continues to this day. This, my friends, is why cod readily attack cheese...it is actually a form of defence, forever fearing the return of the once vanquished Bega Troop. Look it up in folk lore guys.....not just an urban myth!!! Lol
I work for Tatura milk, which is a Bega company. So if your theory is correct, I am actually an enemy of the mighty greenback...

The official name for a herd of cheese is actually a "curd" of cheese...
Cheers, Scott.

pb's
Murray Cod: 92 on spinnerbait, 81 on surface lure, 74 on bait
Golden Perch: 49 on TN60
Redfin: 41 on TN60
Brown Trout: 68 on SP
Rainbow: maybe 10
Mudmarlin: 78

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 pm

I can vision a cheesy argument here, which could be good, it may steer things away from Rex Hunt :icon_lolz: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:26 pm

shaynebennett wrote:I have it on good authority that cheese, in fact, is a natural bait. It happens to be the natural enemy of the cod. Many thousands of years ago, in the dreamtime, the mighty murray cod was attacked by an invading 'troop' (the official name for a herd of cheese) while perusing the waters of the murray river. This led to a fierce rivalry, which continues to this day. This, my friends, is why cod readily attack cheese...it is actually a form of defence, forever fearing the return of the once vanquished Bega Troop. Look it up in folk lore guys.....not just an urban myth!!! Lol
Where the hell did you pop up from, thought you'd been lost to the land of love and home ownership.
Welcome back.

eslop

Post by eslop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 pm

This is part of my arsenal. Hoping to get the surface lures smashed this year...
Attachments
DSC_1566.JPG
DSC_1566.JPG (52.04 KiB) Viewed 704 times
DSC_1565.JPG
DSC_1565.JPG (50.91 KiB) Viewed 704 times
Cheers, Scott.

pb's
Murray Cod: 92 on spinnerbait, 81 on surface lure, 74 on bait
Golden Perch: 49 on TN60
Redfin: 41 on TN60
Brown Trout: 68 on SP
Rainbow: maybe 10
Mudmarlin: 78

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 pm

eslop wrote:.....Hoping to get the surface lures smashed this year...
Hopefully not against a regulator! Good collection there Scott.
Welcome back Shayne! I will start using cheese when I start catching cheese in my shrimp nets! :)
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Australian Natives”