Cod in the yarra/help

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
nickfish

Cod in the yarra/help

Post by nickfish » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:57 pm

hey all i'm really keen for cod opening to start so im going to head down to warrandyte in the yarra. Although i'm a big noob
when it comes to freshwater fishing. i know for cod to cast in a snag thats about it, am i better of using lures or bait for cod. atm im aiming for lures as i dont want to by catch eels but if people recommend bait more than happy to use it. If anyone could help with where to look when finding a spot what time/bait/lures i've never caught a freshwater cod before so any help would be much appreciated more than you think.
one last thing i dont want to sound like a leech or anything but if any could point out some general locations on where to fish (not asking for any secret spots) just a few general tips.
Thank you all and look forward to reporting in on monday. :a_goodjob: :woohoo:

Blue vlt

Re: Cod in the yarra/help

Post by Blue vlt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Yarra around warrandyte the is a good start (blue tounge bend) take 1 rod only coz it's about 2km walk to get there.. I would go for a big bait so you don't catch anything as a by catch. Cod are hard to catch at the best of times so be patient.

nickfish

Post by nickfish » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Blue vlt wrote:Yarra around warrandyte the is a good start (blue tounge bend) take 1 rod only coz it's about 2km walk to get there.. I would go for a big bait so you don't catch anything as a by catch. Cod are hard to catch at the best of times so be patient.
thanks man. i assume cheese as bait?

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:49 pm

nickfish wrote:
Blue vlt wrote:Yarra around warrandyte the is a good start (blue tounge bend) take 1 rod only coz it's about 2km walk to get there.. I would go for a big bait so you don't catch anything as a by catch. Cod are hard to catch at the best of times so be patient.
if you want to reduce by catch try a yabby
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

nickfish

Post by nickfish » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:49 pm

mazman wrote:
nickfish wrote:
if you want to reduce by catch try a yabby
sorry i should of worded it better its just eels i dont wont to catch. there a pain to take the hook out of and i dont wont re rig
at night.

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 pm

use grubs as bait and spinner baits for lures
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Return to “Australian Natives”