Keen for cod opening!!

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Re: Keen for cod opening!!

Post by Millzee » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:33 pm

We got a few more today and got our entries in for prizes in the cod classic. Looks like the wind might blow most off the water tomorrow so the fella with a 112cm might have it wrapped up, my biggest for the day, only a healthy 66cm. Trying to post pic's but the [img] button and attachment "add files" aren't working.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Millzee wrote:opened my account for the season at about 1.30am last night off the bank at Dc on the lake Mulwala. My mate arrived and wanted to see the shoreline so I grabbed a couple of rods rigged up with surface lures and we went for a walk. First cast on the Mudeye double paddler................

Well done great effort

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:51 pm

I fished in the goulburn.

Caught a few nice fish and lots off little cod.

All caught on surface lures.

I agree its going to be a good season

Bm

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 am

Millzee wrote:We got a few more today and got our entries in for prizes in the cod classic. Looks like the wind might blow most off the water tomorrow so the fella with a 112cm might have it wrapped up, my biggest for the day, only a healthy 66cm. Trying to post pic's but the [img] button and attachment "add files" aren't working.
I was there as well, fishing in the kayak comp. Was great conditions on the Saturday with the water rising, fish were really on the chew. I ended up with eight fish on Saturday, but Sunday with the water level dropping quick, was a donut.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Looked like lake Mulwala had quite a few boats drowned in the storm, hope none were from here

Millzee

Post by Millzee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Silly buggers left 4 boats tied up Friday night while it was pouring down with rain, the obvious thing happened and they filed enough to lower the transom enough for the waves to come over and finish them off to the bottom in about 1-1.5m of water out the front of DC's on the lake. One blokes motor cover got smashed and I don't think it would start, another had pretty bad nose damage with the anchor roller all bent back and the a bit more damage to another but don't have enough info to speak on that one. Lot's of blokes where joking around telling them that next time the leave them in in conditions like that, take the bung out so the rain doesn't fill the boat, lol.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Millzee wrote:Silly buggers left 4 boats tied up Friday night while it was pouring down with rain, the obvious thing happened and they filed enough to lower the transom enough for the waves to come over and finish them off to the bottom in about 1-1.5m of water out the front of DC's on the lake. One blokes motor cover got smashed and I don't think it would start, another had pretty bad nose damage with the anchor roller all bent back and the a bit more damage to another but don't have enough info to speak on that one. Lot's of blokes where joking around telling them that next time the leave them in in conditions like that, take the bung out so the rain doesn't fill the boat, lol.
Surely they had commen sense to pull the boat out ??

Or were they told and ignored it....???

Millzee

Post by Millzee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:09 pm

The fella that owned the 420 renegade said "busy drinking beers and couldn't be bothered" no sympathy from me at all.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 am

Millzee wrote:The fella that owned the 420 renegade said "busy drinking beers and couldn't be bothered" no sympathy from me at all.

What a Redneck.Couple of Melbourne bitters worth losing their boat.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:47 am

rb85 wrote:
Millzee wrote:The fella that owned the 420 renegade said "busy drinking beers and couldn't be bothered" no sympathy from me at all.

What a Redneck.Couple of Melbourne bitters worth losing their boat.

How lazy.
It only take 10 mins.to pull boat out

Return to “Australian Natives”