Keen for cod opening!!

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Keen for cod opening!!

Post by Millzee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:16 pm

So who's getting fired up this week for Cod opening? Where are you off to and are you a bait or lure person? :thumbsup:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Keen for cod opening!!

Post by Boonanza » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:00 pm

As usual working this time of year :down: Good luck to everyone wetting a line :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Already tied my leader and packed my lures. Can't wait for the first heart attack but on the surface

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Basti wrote:Already tied my leader and packed my lures. Can't wait for the first heart attack but on the surface
I'm nearly ready, just in the middle of packing now. Heading off tomorrow...Woohoo!!!

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Boonanza wrote:As usual working this time of year
I'm in the same boat Boonanza, working every Friday/Saturday through to the new year. The benefit is having time mid-week to fish when there are less people on the water, but not good for social fishing!

Unfortunately things don't look good weather wise:
rain forecast.png
If that pans out it might put the kybosh on lure fishing in the streams for a few weeks; in fact we could get some significant flooding.

Everybody needs to keep this in mind and plan to get out if it pans out - don't leave it till the last minute and get trapped!!!

I just got the tiling in my house done today and was looking forward to having some time again in my life and chasing cod in the rivers next week. Looks like I will have to come up with a plan B. :(

Best Wishes

Truedogz

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Was gonna go friday after work myself,but am just gonna play it by ear now.
We're only 500m from the broken river too,which might be a bit of a worry as well.

Truedogz

Post by Truedogz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:53 pm

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

Severe Weather Warning
for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in Central, East Gippsland, Mallee, South West, Northern Country, North Central, North East, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera Forecast Districts.

Issued at 3:38 pm Wednesday, 29 November 2017.
HEAVY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS FROM LATE THURSDAY

A high pressure system will continue to strengthen over the Tasman Sea this week allowing a hot and humid northeasterly airstream to continue. A trough of low pressure crossing the Bight will reach western Victoria on Thursday and then become slow-moving. A low pressure system will develop over northwestern Victoria on Friday before drifting slowly southeastwards over the weekend.
HEAVY RAIN and SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS which may lead to FLASH FLOODING are likely to develop in the far west during THURSDAY night before extending across the remaining parts of the State during FRIDAY. The heavy rain and thunderstorm activity will continue on SATURDAY.
Three day totals of around 60-120mm are expected south of the Divide and over the far northwest with totals of between 100 and 200mm over remaining areas on and north of the Divide. However, totals over the northeast ranges may exceed 250mm.
Locations which may be affected include Mildura, Horsham, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Shepparton, Seymour, Maryborough, Ballarat, Geelong, Melbourne, Wodonga, Wangaratta, Traralgon and Bairnsdale.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Truedogz wrote:TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

Severe Weather Warning
for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in Central, East Gippsland, Mallee, South West, Northern Country, North Central, North East, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera Forecast Districts.

Issued at 3:38 pm Wednesday, 29 November 2017.
HEAVY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS FROM LATE THURSDAY

A high pressure system will continue to strengthen over the Tasman Sea this week allowing a hot and humid northeasterly airstream to continue. A trough of low pressure crossing the Bight will reach western Victoria on Thursday and then become slow-moving. A low pressure system will develop over northwestern Victoria on Friday before drifting slowly southeastwards over the weekend.
HEAVY RAIN and SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS which may lead to FLASH FLOODING are likely to develop in the far west during THURSDAY night before extending across the remaining parts of the State during FRIDAY. The heavy rain and thunderstorm activity will continue on SATURDAY.
Three day totals of around 60-120mm are expected south of the Divide and over the far northwest with totals of between 100 and 200mm over remaining areas on and north of the Divide. However, totals over the northeast ranges may exceed 250mm.
Locations which may be affected include Mildura, Horsham, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Shepparton, Seymour, Maryborough, Ballarat, Geelong, Melbourne, Wodonga, Wangaratta, Traralgon and Bairnsdale.
Geez, I might have to set the tinny up in the backyard,
:down: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Cant go camping in weather like that. Cod be hard up against the swags and not the snags with that much water
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Truedogz

Post by Truedogz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 pm

davek wrote:Geez, I might have to set the tinny up in the backyard
And knowing you, you would catch fish too! :thumbsup:

Truedogz

Return to “Australian Natives”