Cobram/tocumal area

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Geelongmad

Cobram/tocumal area

Post by Geelongmad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Just wondering if someone can give some pointers on this area? Regarding the water level and water clarity? I’ve never fished this area but am looking at going there for a week next week.
Is there plenty of good camping areas and banks to launch boats off easily enough?
I really appreciate any advice at all that may give me a chance at getting hold of a Fish or two.

Thanks guys

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Cobram/tocumal area

Post by davek » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Can't help with the height or clarity of the water but if you're going up next week get there early because it WILL be busy, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Cobram/tocumal area

Post by Truedogz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Geelongmad wrote:Just wondering if someone can give some pointers on this area? Regarding the water level and water clarity? I’ve never fished this area but am looking at going there for a week next week.
Is there plenty of good camping areas and banks to launch boats off easily enough?
I really appreciate any advice at all that may give me a chance at getting hold of a Fish or two.

Thanks guys
From the river height data it is still running well. From what I saw of the Ovens water clarity should be ok for lures. Plenty of fish there, take some cheese and you will get some even if they aren't big.

Take Davo's advice and get in early - by Friday it will be like flies on dogs**t up there!

Best Wishes

Truedogz

Return to “Australian Natives”