An Apology

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: An Apology

Post by davek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Will, I don't know what to say, I don't believe you need to apologise and I definitely don't think you should leave the forum. Your advice and posts have been very helpful to many members especially myself and it will be missed. Hopefully I will talk to you in person about this, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Yeah, leaving the forum makes no sense. Has nothing to do with the other issue.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Will that was a fantastic speech you should be proud of your efforts despite the disappointment love your passion hope it inspires the same passion in others.

kenzie101

Post by kenzie101 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:10 pm

davek wrote:Will, I don't know what to say, I don't believe you need to apologise and I definitely don't think you should leave the forum. Your advice and posts have been very helpful to many members especially myself and it will be missed. Hopefully I will talk to you in person about this, cheers davo
Hi Will,

Although we havent met I agree with Dave's comments. I enjoy your posts and have learnt a lot through them. Please know that your willingness to share your knowledge and experience are valued by the greater FV community.

Look forward to your continued contributions.

Cheers,
Mark.
Mark
:water: Lazy Fisher

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:12 pm

By the sounds of it you did everything you could and other people didn't step up and surport you.

No need to leave over that

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 am

Hey Will
We have had a number of chats on the cod trip and the amazing amount of knowledge you posses is invaluable. You have no need to apologize for the actions or inaction of others. Your intentions were founded in good faith and it looks as though you were let down.
The choice to leave is up to you, but the nuggets of insight you provide empower all native fisher folk to have constructive input and discussions in our local area and provide influence on a much greater scale than you perhaps realize. I do hope that you will remain a member here even just to share your stories and leave the politics on the shelf. Hopefully I will see you in March at the annual trip.
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Be sad to see you go Will, please do stay!
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Yes Will I kept expecting a huge announcement, but, I don't blame you for it not being announced. You must have been busting to say something about it in the final Q & A.
If worded up, I could have asked the question
I'd love to put a yak with a good sounder on Polly McQuinns (No fishing of course)
Keep the boof reports coming
Cheers Gra

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:10 pm

First of all Will, you don't need to apologise. Tex mentioned above that he was expecting a big announcement. You mentioned that we all would have thought it was in relation to Trout cod! When I read your original comment about an announcement...I assumed it was about the newly proposed native fish hatchery as it was in the news at the time and politicians were suggesting that it could be located at my workplace! So perhaps not everyone was expecting the same nor was everyone upset when there was no announcement.

At the codference 'after party' at Trelly's, you were so happy showing people your setup and lures...this is you...not someone who wants to stop helping people here on the forum!!!! What happens if you leave? Do you think people want to see my fishless fishing reports?!!!! Also at Trelly's, I became a member of Native Fish Australia! I think you should keep assisting with native fish...the fish need you! So...that's settled...you are not leaving the forum!
cheers
Team Bender
Doesn't know where you live but can easily find out!

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Will never give up on something you love mate every time i read your reports it was like i was there fishing with you bloody hell your got me looking at cod lures Cheers Dazz

Return to “Australian Natives”