Australian bass on Australia day weekend

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Brownie

Re: Australian bass on Australia day weekend

Post by Brownie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:27 am

Seb85 wrote:
Brownie wrote:Nice looking spot. And it's running. Drove over the Loddon today at Newstead, not running and not looking good either.
I never fished lower loddon, what fish are there?
I fished upper loddon around Bridgewater a while ago, few redfins. Some people caught yellowbelly.
The section above Newstead used to be a magic trout and redfin water. But in recent years it's become just so, so. It used to run all year round but in the last 15, especially the last 10 it doesn't. Stops running for months on end now each year. Still holds fish but is just a former shaddow of its once great self. Same as the Jim Crow, one of its feeders, that little stream used to be crazy the fish it held. Not now. Real shame but is how its become now unfortunately.

Sebb
Has liked: 3009 times

Re: Australian bass on Australia day weekend

Post by Sebb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:51 am

Brownie wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
Brownie wrote:Nice looking spot. And it's running. Drove over the Loddon today at Newstead, not running and not looking good either.
I never fished lower loddon, what fish are there?
I fished upper loddon around Bridgewater a while ago, few redfins. Some people caught yellowbelly.
The section above Newstead used to be a magic trout and redfin water. But in recent years it's become just so, so. It used to run all year round but in the last 15, especially the last 10 it doesn't. Stops running for months on end now each year. Still holds fish but is just a former shaddow of its once great self. Same as the Jim Crow, one of its feeders, that little stream used to be crazy the fish it held. Not now. Real shame but is how its become now unfortunately.
Ouch, that's sad. At least you experienced the glory days.

Return to “Australian Natives”