The Boof Diary Fishranger

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: The Boof Diary Fishranger

Post by rb85 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:11 pm
rb85 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 pm
4liters wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:06 pm
not sure there's much of a pattern there
I have picked something up allready not going to post it will see if someone else does.

The rapid drop in barometer also mentioned. It might give a signal to cods that storm/cold is coming, hence pack up some calories.

Pretty cool theory.

Not in relation to Cod (but it stands to reason being the same), but I have heard the same theory for Saltwater fishing too.

I've experienced some crazy hot bites with schooling types of fish (snapper, whiting) hours just before a storm. But that's how it's panned out , , , , I'm not a storm chaser, I tend towards being a "Fair Weather Fisho".

Oooow, I think my Hot Chocolate is ready :)

Cheers, Bugatti
The hot bite before the storm is also mentioned in his book. He guessed that fish aren't easily able to adapt to sudden light change. That sudden change in light condition blurs the smaller fish, hence a perfect condition for ambush predators like murray cod.

Another cool theory. I enjoyed the book.... And I think I will make a hot choco too :-D
Well done Seb thats one of the observations I made as well. Also noticed something else Truedogz pretty much spelt it out Ill see if anyone else picks up on it 4 litres hope you see it mate.
Seb Bugatti I have found a lot of fish go hard on a rapid rise and drop in barometer its a time when I try to target Bass off the surface if conditions align with low light, have also caught plenty of Snapper prior and during a strong west wind and my recent report fishing for perch was on top of a high barometer.

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Post by westvic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Looking at weather charts for this weekend....the theory is that Sunday arvo and evening should produce.

Will be interested to hear reports

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:53 pm

westvic wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 pm
Looking at weather charts for this weekend....the theory is that Sunday arvo and evening should produce.

Will be interested to hear reports
It's Waxing

Return to “Australian Natives”