Cod Trip,who's interested?

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Cod Trip,who's interested?

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
Brett wrote:Is it worth trying surface lures around dusk and after dark, or will you lot be to pissed and possibly fall in?
I intend doing this if I can find a good part of the bank to cast from. I don't drink so no chance of falling in and I will be monitoring other members as I am running zero tolerance for alcohol consumption whilst I am there :D
for those a bit more in the know what surface lures do you guys use as I had thought about it and findin a piece of bank is not a problem
I intend to fish from the water
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Anything is worth a go boys, i normally start work at 5am so i am awake at 4,i'll be gone by 6 sat morning (sun morn will depend on sat night :lol: )
Theres heaps of them getting around now cheater and i'm not in the know,i've not got into it to seriously,only ever tried them 1/2 a dozen times, halco nightwalkers, for a couple of undersize fish,

Great idea Murlz :thumbsup: ,we will just dump it all on the track with a free wood sign and they will stop and pick it up,should work just like the road runner & coyote with the bird seed :D :D :D :D

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Right'o, i hope everyone has there map & directions by now, and has a rough idea of where they are going, and what to bring. Now here comes the "twist" to this trip,if we get to the spot fri morning and someone is there (was no one there last weekend but who knows this one) we will obviously be somewhere different,most likely further on down past where the first spot is.We will put a sign up where you first hit the river,and your only choice is left or right,Just check which way the arrow is pointing on that one before proceeding further,and then just follow them along.

Looking forward to this one guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,please everyone drive safely,especially you guy's coming up fri night,keep an eye out for roo's past nathalia.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

The frogs and mouse, seem like they do the damage
http://www.ejtodd.com.au/LiveTarget_v20/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Haven't received a map lads, and still keen to come! Any chance anyone can PM me?!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:50 pm

yes Brett, they do look the goods, but I might have left it too late to find them, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

davek

Post by davek » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:53 pm

GummySlayer wrote:Haven't received a map lads, and still keen to come! Any chance anyone can PM me?!
GummySlayer, if you don't get a map, the directions that drew2 posted are fairly simple to follow, cheers davo

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Brett wrote:The frogs and mouse, seem like they do the damage
http://www.ejtodd.com.au/LiveTarget_v20/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have an amazing frog lure i bought from the states. Has a weed guard and swims great. Can surface pop it or swim it to around 2 feet!
If only I could fish more

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:06 pm

GummySlayer wrote:Haven't received a map lads, and still keen to come! Any chance anyone can PM me?!

check your pm's

Dave, BCF have a range of cicada and frog surface lures online, I'm going to pop into the local store tomorrow and see if they have any on the shelf, might grab 1 or 2

davek

Post by davek » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 pm

shaynebennett wrote:
Brett wrote:The frogs and mouse, seem like they do the damage
I have an amazing frog lure i bought from the states. Has a weed guard and swims great. Can surface pop it or swim it to around 2 feet!
That's good mate, better not turn your back, you might not be able to find it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) cheers davo

Return to “Australian Natives”