Geelong take 2

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Geelong take 2

Post by Broomstick » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi guys,
This is a belated post as I've been in the US for the past 10 days or so, but a couple of days before I left I had another crack at the mysterious fish that were busting me off at Geelong (if any of you remember my first report). Well I didn't get my revenge, but I still had a bit of fun and caught a new species which is always nice. It was a lot slower than the first day and the little bream that were in plague proportions a couple of days before had gone, which was strange, but the bites were still regular enough to keep me entertained. First up was a tiny flatty that absolutely engulfed my placcy:

A humble start, but the next fish was even less impressive:

A tiny leatherjacket hooked through the ass! Now that's gotta ruin your day, but the little fella swam off strong. Unfortunately his mate wasn't so lucky:

This guy flapped around on the surface after I threw him back until a seagull flew down and snaffled him. Poor bastard. The odds of foul-hooking two 3 inch leatherjacket within two minutes must be pretty slim. Anyway after this I started getting a heap of little bites that just wouldn't hook up until finally one stuck:

Broomstick

Re: Geelong take 2

Post by Broomstick » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:14 pm

A snotty-nosed trevalla! Not a monster but a first for me :). They have tiny mouths so I think the missed bites must have been a school of these guys. Cool fish. I'm in the states for another couple of weeks and I'm already starting to have fishing withdrawals - I'll have to hit a tackle store and blow some cash to tide me over.

Cheers!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Nice. did get those snooties from Cunningham pier?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Broomstick

Post by Broomstick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 am

Fish-cador wrote:Nice. did get those snooties from Cunningham pier?
I sure did. Cool fish, go hard for their size

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”