sorry not much of a report this week guys and girls

addicted2plastics
Location: traveling Australia flicking plastics everywhere I've always dreamt...

sorry not much of a report this week guys and girls

Post by addicted2plastics » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 am

G'day all, sorry I haven't been able to do any reports as I havent really had a chance to have a flick as I'm in the process of moving house, although I did manage to sneak off and have a flick along the :gone: barwon on Sunday arvo. The water is still very discolored at present but i still managed to get a few nice little hook ups... I walked the river from James Harrison bridge to the old breakwater bridge in search of a few reddies and mybe one of those monster barwon browns that can be caught with alot of patience and many Kms walking the river. . Well as I started flicking and scoping for movement around around the reeds my 80mm redrum squidgy wriggler was inhaled by a little mud-marlin(carp) as I had a flick around one of the stormwater drains that flow into the river. (FOR SOME FUN WITH THE KIDS.. Its Always worth soaking a bait around here, while and just after a rain as some big carp will be hanging around eating almost anything that washes in. A good ground cover of burley to bring and hold them around is a must, breadcrumbs""not bread"" as its one of the best and cheapest ground burley's and it will not swell in the fishes gut and filling them up)..Anyways enough about bait, ;-) as I kept walking the bank flicking and still keeping my eye out for any movement my plastic was this time taken by a nice little reddie of around 700gm then followed by another of around the same size, then another 10mins of walking and changing to a little hard body lure, my rod almost ripped out of my hands. This time I had a solid hook-up and this fish is pulling 4lb braid off my reel and launching itself out of the water for a good 5-10mins, then after a few nail biting minutes, i landed my main trophy for the day,, a beautiful barwon brown, and looked in great clean shape.... OH BUT! :-\with my phone now flat as I wasted the last of my battery taking a pic of a stinky mud-marlin, and I had no brag mat or scales, but from previous catches including my biggest of just on 3.6kg this fish would have had to of been very close to that, if not bigger. I'm absolutely kicking myself for not having a charged phone but like I said I did the sneaky so I wasn't really prepared, but she went back in so I can catch her again when she's put on a few more kgs...;-),, .. Anyway sorry its not much of a report guys and girls,, but hopefully next week I'll have boxes and all unpacked ASAP so I can do some real fishing and give u guys a better report and not a story..

Tight lines and remember,
Ya hearts not tickin, if ya not flickin!!!
#A2P#
addicted2plastics
MY HEARTS NOT TICKIN IF I'M NOT FLICKIN!! A2P

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: sorry not much of a report this week guys and girls

Post by Basti » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Great report man.

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Good report. Shame about your battery thought. Always next time.
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks for the report, sounds like you caught some nice fish. :thumbsup:
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”