Trevally Fun

azkay

Trevally Fun

Post by azkay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:37 am

Hi all,

Haven't been able to report much as of late. Had a big snapper season and been taking it easy since it slowed down land based.

Headed past Geelong, all the way through the Bellarine Peninsula trying our usual spots in search of some action last week.

Quiet evening all in all however did come across a few, all pictured below. Took home 3 for a feed, threw the smaller ones back. The bottom one in the photo was not only long but also chunky, took it a beauty and got the heart pumping when I got it close. I absolutely love a good trev fight on light gear. All three took Chicken on my Camo Graphite/Sienna combo.

A few days later headed to Brighton after work for a few hours. Incredible number of small pinkies around, all around the size of the one pictured below. Even had a few double hookups when the cast was long enough. Tried to fish through for some size but it was almost impossible, the lil buggers wouldn't let any bait hit the bottom regardless of size. All returned carefully ofcourse. Alot of fresh squid ink around too, for those interested..

Az.
Attachments
Trevs.JPG
Pinkies.JPG
Pinkies.JPG (156.9 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Az.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Trevally Fun

Post by Nude up » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:17 am

Nice trevs mate I too love the fight but not to eat thay make ripper gummy bait

azkay

Post by azkay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Nude up wrote:Nice trevs mate I too love the fight but not to eat thay make ripper gummy bait
I did hear that, never tried it though. I've got a few frozen (not ideal) from a previous session, might have to give it a crack..
Az.

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:42 pm

fun on light gear i just can't find enough of them well done
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

azkay

Post by azkay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 pm

complete-anglerz-12 wrote:fun on light gear i just can't find enough of them well done
I've been pretty lucky when targeting them lately, found a couple of decent places at the right time.. There's 3 or 4 of us blokes that go out once every couple of weeks, i'd be happy to pm you on the next trip if you'd like..
Az.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”