Lakers cutting

Fish seeker

Lakers cutting

Post by Fish seeker » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Does anyone know of any gummies or bream recently caught at lakers cutting (fellows road). I have caught plenty of mullet there but won't to catch something good hopefully a gummie and I wouldn't mind a decent bream too. Thanks in advance
Fish seeker

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Lakers cutting

Post by hornet » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:35 pm

I haven't heard of any reports from the cutting for a long time, either people don't catch anything there anymore or it's not being reported to keep the crowds away..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

lauxyboy

Post by lauxyboy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Still get onto the bream, on the odd occassion i can be bothered with the hump in thru the scrub the cold, the mozzies and the dickheads leaven there rubbish everywhere, last time i was there took home 2 big garbage bags or line, prawn bags, cans, chip bags, pippi bags etc, absolutly appalling behaviour of the minority, 1 armed bandits are you best bet,(freshly pumped or frozen) or if your in a bind prawns from the servo or marios work well, as well as the little long clawed spider crabs that are in the weed in about a foot of water work awesome too, drag loose with your rods horrizontal to water, then strike hard when you hear the drag going, should get you onto a few, ive got gummies all over swan bay, bit of berley and a unweighted pilly out wide might do the damage if your lucky, out near the mud island at the entry to swan bay is a gummy nursery, full moon is usually a great time to fish into the night, also if the fish arent biting take a walk out to the few small islands to the east and find all the swan bay pottery that is smashed on the islands, not sure the story too it but its cool to pick up and look at the old stamps on it!!

Cheers lauxy

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:13 pm

where is lakers cutting

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:14 pm

I am not sure where lakers cutting is looking at google maps fellows road I can see where swan bay intercepts it I thought all that area was a marine park except the jetty at swan bay caravan park and the channel around duck island

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:15 pm

It is in the landbased guide to ppb as a fishing spot so I guess unless something has changed very recently it isn't a park.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:27 pm

I just looked at a map of the marine park you are correct the water from fellows road to the tip of that small headland is not in the marine park I never gave that a thought will have a look next time I am down that way.

Fish seeker

Post by Fish seeker » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks lauxboy for the reply. U said u have to push through the scrub to get to your spot I just fish on top the the drain thing next to the road and the beaches next to it. I have only fished for mullet there and done alright. I am hoping to fish for bream there some as i read there big there. Do if have to do the long walk through the scrub to get to good bream area or can i have success where I mentioned I have fished next to the drain and road. As for gummies in front of the drain thing there is a gutter with a drop on each side, I was thinking this gutter would be great for gummies at night with the aid of a little berley. Once I was doing a drive by and saw some huge huge gars sitting in clear view next to the road I was amazed. I have never seen any since. Have many gars been caught in swan bay this year?? I haven't heard of many myself
Cheers fish seeker
Ps if u want mullet for bait lakers is the spot small hooks and chicken will get the job done

lauxyboy

Post by lauxyboy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Lots of gars always getting taken in swan bay, under a pen float tiny hook with bit of stale bread on it works well, ive only got them from the pier at the end of swan bay road, reckon itd be the same all over, if you continue past that drain all the way down the court and park at the end you will see a gate and a little dirt track, its about 500m down the track to the waters edge, and it can be extremely muddy and mosquitoe infested, been down there and seen blokes doing everythen right bream goin crazy and there getten nuthen, i reckon they taint there bait with repellant when they apply it,

lauxyboy

Post by lauxyboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Seems somebodies are getting upset about me giving the massive secret of the cutting away, nothing that doesnt come up in google, if somebody posts a question and you know the answer, you answer, isnt that the point of a forum, guess there always a few sad acts around

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”