First doughnut of the season

Born2fish

First doughnut of the season

Post by Born2fish » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:43 am

So m9085 and i headed to clifton springs for a change of location. Last night we targeted the squid first and they were slow going but ended up coming out to play towards the end of our squid session. Then decided to look for the reds well we sounded them easy found what i was looking for then set the anchor burleyed and waited. To start of the night few good pinkiez came on the the chew to 35cm. Thinking its a good sign burley again a ship came threw the channel and boom some more pinkies jumped on. By now i was thinking mmm is it gonna happen. Mmm as the night drew to a close one rod loaded up and yes a good red as i picked rod up snap line goes loose looked a the reel yep line tangled was shatterd . But cant catch them every trip lol besides the first doughnut of the season on the snapper was a fun trip and meeting m9085

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: First doughnut of the season

Post by purple5ive » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am

damn man, i guess you cant always catch em, now you sound like most of us on here hahaha.
Good luck today..

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:54 am

Damm thats bad luck on the line.
Just think you had a hell of a good season so far 1 day with out a big one is good compared to otheres that can get any lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am

We all have those days mate.
You have had an awesome run so far :thumbsup:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am

Born2fish wrote:So m9085 and i headed to clifton springs for a change of location. Last night we targeted the squid first and they were slow going but ended up coming out to play towards the end of our squid session. Then decided to look for the reds well we sounded them easy found what i was looking for then set the anchor burleyed and waited. To start of the night few good pinkiez came on the the chew to 35cm. Thinking its a good sign burley again a ship came threw the channel and boom some more pinkies jumped on. By now i was thinking mmm is it gonna happen. Mmm as the night drew to a close one rod loaded up and yes a good red as i picked rod up snap line goes loose looked a the reel yep line tangled was shatterd . But cant catch them every trip lol besides the first doughnut of the season on the snapper was a fun trip and meeting m9085

Sounds similar my session last Friday, insept got few eagle rays...

Went again Sunday in mates boat , got few KGW,yakka n mackerel x 10 banjos in close at Clifton....

One boat got 5 snapper at turn of channel ...

M9085

Post by M9085 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

We got the Pinkies(6), we got the Flatties (3 or 4), we got the Squid (7-8), we even had a Benjo. We had the rod buckles, we had the tangles, we even started throwing THINGS overboard. Thanks for rescuing my cap (twice) That's all I can share as to the rest 'what goes on tour stays on tour'
All in all pretty successful day on the water by my standards. B2Fish was throwing fish (and other stuff) overboard that quick that I had no time to take pictures!
Thanks B2Fish had an awesome time :-D

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:51 pm

ahaha thats great, glad you had a good time atleast as thats mainly what matters..

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:52 pm

M9085 wrote:We got the Pinkies(6), we got the Flatties (3 or 4), we got the Squid (7-8), we even had a Benjo. We had the rod buckles, we had the tangles, we even started throwing THINGS overboard. Thanks for rescuing my cap (twice) That's all I can share as to the rest 'what goes on tour stays on tour'
All in all pretty successful day on the water by my standards. B2Fish was throwing fish (and other stuff) overboard that quick that I had no time to take pictures!
Thanks B2Fish had an awesome time :-D
Sounds like it wasn’t a bad session then :thumbsup:

M9085

Post by M9085 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:00 pm

purple5ive wrote:ahaha thats great, glad you had a good time atleast as thats mainly what matters..

I had a good time allright. It’s not as we went fishless.

M9085

Post by M9085 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Sounds like it wasn’t a bad session then :thumbsup:[/quote]

I had worse,not so long ago I went on a charter and between 11 fishos there were 3 flatheads landed and bearly legal.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”