Offshore

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Offshore

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks.
Yep. Caught the big one on a 6 to 8.kg rod while fishing for reef.
Thought i was snagged at first. Lol

bluewater81
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bluewater81 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Yota wrote:Hi bluewater81, I went out yesterday and sat in front of ocean grove/Barwon Heads in about 25m and did ok. Got a couple of snapper worth keeping. I was hoping for a gummy but that plan didn’t work out.
There was a variety of fish though which is good.
I much prefer to get out of the bay now, I did notice a lot of fish on the sounder going out the heads so if you’ve got time and there’s no shipping traffic it would be worth dropping a jig to see what you can hook up to there, maybe snapper ?
The attached screen shot was a typical result all through the heads. I did see heaps more in different spots but I never had a jig ready to drop so I didn’t bother.
Good luck.
Sorry about the long delay yota got infections in the eyes stuffed if I know how!, ended upgoing out on that Saturday, wasnt as many boats lauched as I thought there would be considering the conditions. Got half a dozen flatties, bag of squid but no gummies, snapper or whiting, was still fairly quiet I think. Hopefully its picked up in the last week? Thanks for the tips also

bluewater81
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bluewater81 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:42 pm

CarlG wrote:
bluewater81 wrote:Thanks mate, very helpful. Re Tuna, had a friend go out twice this week and got 3 and 5 straight out off Ocean Grove, a couple were stonkers too.

I haven't had much luck in the bays but have got a few target areas lined up for a nice summers night.

Are you drifting with bait/paternoster or soft plastics? Is there much current out the front?
Regarding your mate, he doesn't own a Formula by any chance does he.?
Hi CarlG, no not a formosa, a white fibreglass centre console.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:30 pm

bluewater81 wrote:
Yota wrote:Hi bluewater81, I went out yesterday and sat in front of ocean grove/Barwon Heads in about 25m and did ok. Got a couple of snapper worth keeping. I was hoping for a gummy but that plan didn’t work out.
I much prefer to get out of the bay now, I did notice a lot of fish on the sounder going out the heads so if you’ve got time and there’s no shipping traffic it would be worth dropping a jig to see what you can hook up to there, maybe snapper ?
The attached screen shot was a typical result all through the heads. I did see heaps more in different spots but I never had a jig ready to drop so I didn’t bother.
Good luck.
Sorry about the long delay yota got infections in the eyes stuffed if I know how!, ended upgoing out on that Saturday, wasnt as many boats lauched as I thought there would be considering the conditions. Got half a dozen flatties, bag of squid but no gummies, snapper or whiting, was still fairly quiet I think. Hopefully its picked up in the last week? Thanks for the tips also
Any decent size squid in the bag mate?
The snappers and whitings shouldn’t be too far away :)

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Lightningx wrote:
bluewater81 wrote:
Good luck.
Got to wait for bass strait to warm up to 16+ degrees befor they turn up

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:13 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
bluewater81 wrote:
Good luck.
Got to wait for bass strait to warm up to 16+ degrees befor they turn up
Yea no worries mate. I usually start catching them in a few weeks time :)

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Yep i think they ment to start in a few weeks around grandfinal but i think the water is normally warmer buy now

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”