Barwon Heads Couple More Kingfish

Ryguy
Has liked: 13 times

Barwon Heads Couple More Kingfish

Post by Ryguy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Same Deal but today I caught all 3 by jigging a 200g pilchard. All around 65cm 2.6kg range. Straight out past the bluff in 45m on drift with lots of mackerel cubes as chum and about 7 other kings undersized by about 2/3cm. Still feels good to get them on the knife jig.
Attachments
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Barwon Heads Couple More Kingfish

Post by scott__henning » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Nothing better than jigging away and suddenly hitting a wall, then having that wall go the other way, quickly!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Noice fishing that...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Nice mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Well done once again!
Very nice :thumbsup:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:47 pm

I was out today near the Canberra then further out near all the cray pots no sign of kings there, lots of boats I didn’t see any catching

Ryguy

Post by Ryguy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 pm

scott__henning wrote:Nothing better than jigging away and suddenly hitting a wall, then having that wall go the other way, quickly!
Your not wrong. Even the little fellas put up one hell of a fight.

Ryguy

Post by Ryguy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Nude up wrote:I was out today near the Canberra then further out near all the cray pots no sign of kings there, lots of boats I didn’t see any catching
What a day in the fog!!!! i've had luck for the last 3 days out all on the drift starting around 38 20.089S 144 28.365E
I catch fresh mackerel only about 10/15m down then fillet and use as bait on p noster rigs then cut up the rest of the fish and throw cubs as chum every 10 or 15min and always have pillys on the go too along with my b bucket around mid water. The 3 fish i caught jigging today all had mackerel chum cubes inside stomach when cleaning. So im guessing the effort and mess doesn't go to waste. I drifted for 4hrs and never started the motor and was busy with tons of mackerel and jigging.... i would think keeping the bait fish around would increase the chances of landing the kings. I hope any of this can help you out next time. Tight lines.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Ryguy wrote:
Nude up wrote:I was out today near the Canberra then further out near all the cray pots no sign of kings there, lots of boats I didn’t see any catching
What a day in the fog!!!! i've had luck for the last 3 days out all on the drift starting around 38 20.089S 144 28.365E
I catch fresh mackerel only about 10/15m down then fillet and use as bait on p noster rigs then cut up the rest of the fish and throw cubs as chum every 10 or 15min and always have pillys on the go too along with my b bucket around mid water. The 3 fish i caught jigging today all had mackerel chum cubes inside stomach when cleaning. So im guessing the effort and mess doesn't go to waste. I drifted for 4hrs and never started the motor and was busy with tons of mackerel and jigging.... i would think keeping the bait fish around would increase the chances of landing the kings. I hope any of this can help you out next time. Tight lines.
Cheers, yes the fog started to clear then rolled back in got pretty thick at one stage.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”