Lorne pier squid n yakas

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Lorne pier squid n yakas

Post by Kenle » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:33 am

Went for a quick flick last night at Lorne pier, first cast and I was onto a nice squid. It was pretty much a squid every 3 cast there on till I bagged out. Then I switched to small plastics and was throwing them just straight down along the sides of the pier and was having a ball on the yakkas. Wasn't realy anything too exciting but just thought I'll post a little something to help inspire a few to get out and have a crack. Goodluck all :water:
Attachments
20190126_064722.jpg
20190126_115922.jpg

Bugatti

Re: Lorne pier squid n yakas

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Kenle wrote: Wasn't realy anything too exciting
Great catch Kenle. Anytime getting out is exciting, especially with the eye popping, heart rate rising hit on the first cast.

Well done, dinner and bait sorted.

Cheers, Bugatti

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Nice

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Great lb catch mate. Nice work :thumbsup:

loltyler1

Post by loltyler1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Been to Lorne Pier about 13 times and never caught a fish myself, What can you even catch there? every time i go i never get a bite, tried various types of baits but nothing :/

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:10 pm

loltyler1 wrote:Been to Lorne Pier about 13 times and never caught a fish myself, What can you even catch there? every time i go i never get a bite, tried various types of baits but nothing :/
For me had a lot of luck there with squid and salmons.

loltyler1

Post by loltyler1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:Been to Lorne Pier about 13 times and never caught a fish myself, What can you even catch there? every time i go i never get a bite, tried various types of baits but nothing :/
What do you use to catch them, i never tried to catch squids and never knew you could catch salmons there

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:36 pm

loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
What do you use to catch them, i never tried to catch squids and never knew you could catch salmons there
Caught most of my squid using squid jigs but have caught them using a whole silver whiting on a prong as well. Salmons with bait and lures :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:52 pm

loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Actually, Salmons are a very common catch from that pier and the coastline around there :)

loltyler1

Post by loltyler1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Actually, Salmons are a very common catch from that pier and the coastline around there :)
I'm definitely going to give this a shot, thanks so much, i usually go there at like 4pmish and stay there till about 4 am

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”