Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Lorne pier squid n yakas

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 pm

loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:Been to Lorne Pier about 13 times and never caught a fish myself, What can you even catch there? every time i go i never get a bite, tried various types of baits but nothing :/
For me had a lot of luck there with squid and salmons.
What do you use to catch them, i never tried to catch squids and never knew you could catch salmons there
Actually, Salmons are a very common catch from that pier and the coastline around there :)
I'm definitely going to give this a shot, thanks so much, i usually go there at like 4pmish and stay there till about 4 am
No worries mate :)
Baits I’ve done well with have been with pillies, pippies and bluebait. Have caught them with metals and plastics! Good luck and let us know how you go :thumbsup:

loltyler1

Post by loltyler1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: For me had a lot of luck there with squid and salmons.
What do you use to catch them, i never tried to catch squids and never knew you could catch salmons there
Actually, Salmons are a very common catch from that pier and the coastline around there :)
I'm definitely going to give this a shot, thanks so much, i usually go there at like 4pmish and stay there till about 4 am
Baits I’ve done well with have been with pillies, pippies and bluebait. Have caught them with metals and plastics! Good luck and let us know how you go :thumbsup:
Where do you get your bait from? is it the petrol station baits?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:54 pm

loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote: What do you use to catch them, i never tried to catch squids and never knew you could catch salmons there
Where do you get your bait from? is it the petrol station baits?
No I usually get mine from a local tackle store :)

Jucfishing

Post by Jucfishing » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Great bag you’ve got there! I went out to lorne about a month ago and got nine squid right in the middle of the day! Hoping to go back there soon for another crack. :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Jucfishing wrote:Great bag you’ve got there! I went out to lorne about a month ago and got nine squid right in the middle of the day! Hoping to go back there soon for another crack. :thumbsup:
That’s a nice lb bag :thumbsup:

loltyler1

Post by loltyler1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Been watching squid fishing and salmon fishing videos, looks very fun i have to give it a shot! thanks so much for tellin

Danners93

Post by Danners93 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 pm

loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
loltyler1 wrote:Been to Lorne Pier about 13 times and never caught a fish myself, What can you even catch there? every time i go i never get a bite, tried various types of baits but nothing :/
For me had a lot of luck there with squid and salmons.
I've found the early morning from 5am onwards produces better at Lorne pier than night fishing. I just got back from a week away down there and fished at least once a day often twice and the results were far better in the morning. Plenty of Salmon caught off the end and left side of the pier (when walking onto the pier) we had the most success on fresh pipi and fresh squid. Plenty of squid on the left side of the pier leading up to and including the ramp leading to the lower section of the pier as theres a large weed bed there, although the whole pier can see squid caught. Off the right side of the pier both on the high section and near the cleaning table can produce king george whiting, but they're harder to come by (caught one saturday morning). Other species can be caught as well just depends on the day. Hope this helps you catch a fish! Good luck mate have fun with the toadfish, banjo sharks and the resident seals :a_goodjob:

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”