Couple of foreign fishos needing help peeps

Rlander

Couple of foreign fishos needing help peeps

Post by Rlander » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi all,

First time poster but been reading this forum the last few weeks. Also read it a few years ago when travelling. Through.

Travelling again. Have come south from Sydney - hit Wollongong, jervis & batemans bay, stopped at eden (Aislings beach). We have shot across the Adelaide front here and now doing the great ocean road backwards.

This time I have my father with me 65+ and I’m looking for easy access spots to get on some decent size fish (2kg+)

Last time I was here is aus it was 4/5 years ago in April/May and I was hitting some good salmon 2/3kg

now we are struggling to find fish above half a kilo. For the record we are not taking any on this trip. Been advised the Hopkins river is fishing well again we are going to be catch and release so if anyone has any good info that they don’t want to post publicly please feel free to pm.

Thanks again for everyone posting you all are legends! In my book at least.

Any catch reports from here (beach port sa) to Melbourne I will be posting. Hopefully you’ll see lots from me in the next 2/3 weeks!!

Portland was next on my radar but weather wise don’t fancy fishing the lee breakwater in this wind - dived in last time I was here and lost a few good sharks... might come back this way after Tasmania if the weather is looking more favourable.

Thanks again everyone,

Russ.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”