Jan juc surf fishing please help

Lorenzopace06

Jan juc surf fishing please help

Post by Lorenzopace06 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:33 am

Hey there guys, new to surf fishing and would like some pointers, I wanna fish Jan juc one night this week, can anyone tell me how I know whatthe best tide will be etc??also bait n all! Is the car park near the life saving club the right spot to head down? I don't mind walking a bit. Please help me

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Jan juc surf fishing please help

Post by Fish-cador » Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 am

cant help on the fishing grounds on that side. but welcome to the forum. :welcome:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Lorenzopace06

Post by Lorenzopace06 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 am

Ok no worries, thank you, some very good stuff on here, I'm a freshwater man, cod, yellas, redfin etc, so it's good for a change but just gotta know what to look for

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 am

Heres one tip , dont hook the surfers . They dont really like fishermen fishing & ussually give you cold hard stares , like WTF you doing here . Surfers consider Jan Juc / Bells hallowed turf for them only .

Lorenzopace06

Post by Lorenzopace06 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 am

Ok thanks for the tip mate! :-) will take it into consideration but can't gaurentee anything lol

benjic1000

Post by benjic1000 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Miker I once got hooked on the West Coast paddling out, got the hook right through my finger. I'm yelling out obscenities at surf fisherman to stop pulling- didn't realize there was a great big salmon on the second hook! Bit through the line had to go in and get the eye snipped off pissing blood didn't go surfing that day...
Surfers takes precedence over fishermen, go fish in another channel.

Another time some **** head fishing right in the line-up, getting his line caught around my neck, biting it off every time. Slow learner he was.

** not to mention it's dangerous. Bangg

chipzl

Post by chipzl » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 am

Mate if you are fishing Juc I would recommend getting yourself a Pre made red surf
Popper rig from Torquay Tackle they are $4 I fish there regularly and the salmon absolutely
love the poppers they come like a paternoster the popper on top and a long shank hook on the
Bottom that I usually change to a size 6/0 circle hook Bait that up with a pilchard and find a gutter
And your popper will get smashed 9 out of 10 times by the salmon

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”