Artillery rocks - Salmon **UPDATE 26/01/2016**

Misheen

Re: Artillery rocks - Salmon **UPDATE 26/01/2016**

Post by Misheen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:58 am

You dong bleed them straight away Rogs?

lauxyboy

Post by lauxyboy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Gday lads, had a couple of hours spare so a quick squirt down to artillery rocks was the go, just took my 6'6 rod and some slugs, had no luck, few fellas with 12" surf rods having no luck on bait either, the amount of rubbish there was appaling, young parks officer was there picking up bags and line and ******* maccas rubbish, the nearest maccas in a good hour away, pretty appaling really, checked my fishing licence and the other lads, was good to see, young one wouldnt go to sleep so it was time to go, cracking day and so calm down there! Will go again soon for the elusive big sambo

Cheers lauxy

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:59 pm

I can't stand seeing rubbish at fishing spots. How f@rken hard is it to take your rubbish with you?

If people want to continue to enjoy their fishing spots then clean up after yourselves...

At least you got out and have a fish mate. Pity they weren't on but as they say.. "you gotta be in it to win it"

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Now that the nice weather is coming through I would like try fishing at Artillery Ricks.

Has anyone gone fishing there lately?

Can someone tell me which marker is artillery rocks or carpark?
Jack of all trades, Master of none

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 pm

lauxyboy wrote:Gday lads, had a couple of hours spare so a quick squirt down to artillery rocks was the go, just took my 6'6 rod and some slugs, had no luck, few fellas with 12" surf rods having no luck on bait either, the amount of rubbish there was appaling, young parks officer was there picking up bags and line and ******* maccas rubbish, the nearest maccas in a good hour away, pretty appaling really, checked my fishing licence and the other lads, was good to see, young one wouldnt go to sleep so it was time to go, cracking day and so calm down there! Will go again soon for the elusive big sambo

Cheers lauxy
Thats crap ppl should take the rubbish with you.
If you bring it in should take it out with you

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 pm

smile0784 wrote:
lauxyboy wrote:Gday lads, had a couple of hours spare so a quick squirt down to artillery rocks was the go, just took my 6'6 rod and some slugs, had no luck, few fellas with 12" surf rods having no luck on bait either, the amount of rubbish there was appaling, young parks officer was there picking up bags and line and ******* maccas rubbish, the nearest maccas in a good hour away, pretty appaling really, checked my fishing licence and the other lads, was good to see, young one wouldnt go to sleep so it was time to go, cracking day and so calm down there! Will go again soon for the elusive big sambo

Cheers lauxy
Thats crap ppl should take the rubbish with you.
If you bring it in should take it out with you
^This.

I cannot understand would they do this on their own property.
Jack of all trades, Master of none

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:14 am

one2three wrote:Hi Guys,

Now that the nice weather is coming through I would like try fishing at Artillery Ricks.

I haven’t fished there but I believe this to be the car park and the Rock platform , others that know can confirm
Attachments
F1B7206E-DC30-4C3A-A027-E901F41E3C8E.jpeg
AF15B5E6-C138-485B-BF0B-EB7CDC9D63D4.jpeg
Last edited by Raulfc7 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

smile0784

Re: Artillery rocks - Salmon

Post by smile0784 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:46 am

scorpi00n wrote:Thanks fellas, few years too late but honestly forgot about this post.

We went again a few weeks ago with another 4 guys and had absolutely no luck on chicken or pillies.
But I did end up with 3 nice size salmon.

We got there at about 5(low tide) and around 10.30 a guy turns up with a little rod and a tiny tackle box.
First cast, pulls out a nice size salmon. As you can imagine all 5 of us are thinking WTF we've been here for over 5 hours and got nothing and this guy turns up and within 30 seconds catches! So he turns to us and says how lucky is that with a grin. Next cast pulls out another big one, and by this stage ive noticed hes using a lure (I didn't pay attention the first time).
So I go over to him to have a small chat (beg for advice :D) and he tells me "salmon here like to chase and that we have no chance with bait". I hadn't been fishing in a while so my tackle box that I left in a mates boat got pinched by his old man, so I got some new gear from Kmart the night before. Except for lures, since I've never used the ones I had in my old tackle box I thought whats the point.
I asked the guy if he had any extra lures Id be happy to buy a few off him, and being a true Aussie gentlemen he gave me 2 for free.

First cast locked one in but lost him only 3 meters from me, all I saw was this decent size salmon bouncing off the rocks.
This got me fairly excited as this was my first on a lure. Second cast I didn't make the same mistake :)
Within 10 minutes I had 3 and my mate with the other lure had 1 as he was fishing to the left (where the mullet are) and lost his lure to the seaweed. I was so keen I was at the front knee high tackling waves coming around waist high, I never knew how fun lures were til that day.
The school disappeared around 11:30, we waited another few hours but got nothing so we left.

So my advice, screw bait!!
Take some nice shiny metal lures at high tide and you should be back in the car with a few fish in no time.

Nice size salmon

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:46 am

Raulfc7 wrote:
one2three wrote:Hi Guys,

I haven’t fished there but I believe this to be the car park and the Rick platform , others that know can confirm
Looks like a good place to fish

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:57 am

The car park is very small there.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”