Heading down to torquay

ingeer

Heading down to torquay

Post by ingeer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:05 am

Hi Guys,

Planning to head down to torquay for a picnic travel, from the google map i found a sort of good place for shelter in Taylor park beside Zeally bay, where i can let the kids have fun in the playground and keep them busy for a while. Is the beach beside Taylor park good for fishing? Spotted something like rock platform right beside the park and look good to cast from.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Ingeer

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Heading down to torquay

Post by Scraglor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am

Sorry I can't give you any advice, but I am also keen to hear people's thoughts. I am going down for a few days in June. Thinking there might be a few sambos etc around.

sarsi

Post by sarsi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Any luck on your Torquay trip Ingeer & Scraglor? Thanks. I wonder how fishing is in that area.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Nah, no love at all for me. Just got wet and cold. I had one decrnt run at night but that was it unfortunately. Not a bad place to spend a few hours though even if you dont catch anything

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sarsi

Post by sarsi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Scraglor wrote:Nah, no love at all for me. Just got wet and cold. I had one decrnt run at night but that was it unfortunately. Not a bad place to spend a few hours though even if you dont catch anything
Well, better luck next time. You are correct; Torquay is still a good place fish or not :)

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:17 pm

Oops.. sorry for the late report, almost forget this post. We went down the park and I fished the beach in rising tide, unfortunately the water had run over the rocks and was rising quickly. From the sand I casted toward the rocks then caught a tiny wrasse, there are 2 guys flipping metals around but nothing seemed to bend their rod..

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”