couple plus 50 cm frogs n to manager banjos

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Snapper on the chew!!!!!

Post by rb85 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm

bowl wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Thanks phil for another cracker outing. Was certainly a bit lumpy out there.

All fish suprisingly came on the outfits i had out. I can certainly say the elcheapo combos have passed with flying colours. If anything a bit more backbone for the bigger fishes would be good. But i never felt undergunned on these fish at any stage... after the first 2 fish i told phil to grab my rod if it goes off again (only fair the skipper gets some fish too) sure enough 20mins later my rod goes off again and phil was right next to it.
Fairly certain all 3 came on the same rod. But since they all look the same i now dont know which rod is the kucky one hahaha..
Im wrecked now and need some sleep but im on babysitting duty now. Hopefully i dont fall asleep on the job.
When ya get x of same outfit ,you canput a number on rod or rod holder m when rods go off you can tell ur decky ,rod 2or 4 is on ..
Thats y i have 3 different rods with slightly different rating so ppl can say white rod or black rod etc.

But dont know what steve going to with 3 identical rods
If purples was not such a tightarse :tongue: he could of put 3 different colors of braid on his reel..
Any shock leaders?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 pm

rb85 wrote:
bowl wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Thanks phil for another cracker outing. Was certainly a bit lumpy out there.

All fish suprisingly came on the outfits i had out. I can certainly say the elcheapo combos have passed with flying colours. If anything a bit more backbone for the bigger fishes would be good. But i never felt undergunned on these fish at any stage... after the first 2 fish i told phil to grab my rod if it goes off again (only fair the skipper gets some fish too) sure enough 20mins later my rod goes off again and phil was right next to it.
Fairly certain all 3 came on the same rod. But since they all look the same i now dont know which rod is the kucky one hahaha..
Im wrecked now and need some sleep but im on babysitting duty now. Hopefully i dont fall asleep on the job.
When ya get x of same outfit ,you canput a number on rod or rod holder m when rods go off you can tell ur decky ,rod 2or 4 is on ..
Thats y i have 3 different rods with slightly different rating so ppl can say white rod or black rod etc.

But dont know what steve going to with 3 identical rods
If purples was not such a tightarse :tongue: he could of put 3 different colors of braid on his reel..
Any shock leaders?
yes, 30lb black magic trace about 4m long on all outfits joined to the braid with an FG knot, then a snapper snatcher

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:27 am

Persistence wrote:The plan is to set off in the afternoon and pick up some squid then out to a lump I found on my sounder that goes from 16mtrs to 14mtrs and sound around for fish. If there aren't any then I'll head to the reef edge in about 7mtrs for sunset and the evening tide change.
The other option is as you said, Point Wilson. I sounded fish there in 10mtrs a few weeks ago.
Either way It will be nice to be out.
How did u go mate

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:28 am

smile0784 wrote:All depends how cumfy you want to be and how dedicated you are to fishing.
When its ruff fish shallow reds love sterred up water

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:29 am

Ill be doing editing of our trip tonght from go pro
Been busy with work as as soon as ive done it ill post link on hear

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Seen good reports of reds caught last night all over the bay. Good luck all

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

Born2fish wrote:
Persistence wrote:The plan is to set off in the afternoon and pick up some squid then out to a lump I found on my sounder that goes from 16mtrs to 14mtrs and sound around for fish. If there aren't any then I'll head to the reef edge in about 7mtrs for sunset and the evening tide change.
The other option is as you said, Point Wilson. I sounded fish there in 10mtrs a few weeks ago.
Either way It will be nice to be out.
How did u go mate
Hi Mate
Sorry for the late reply. Had to work late Friday so couldn't get out that night.
Headed out Saturday from Clifton Springs as the wind was turning s/sw. As we were heading to the channel we sounded up a school in 10mtrs. My mate was already sitting on top of another school close by. Sat through the tide change burleying hard but could not get them to feed.
Headed out deeper near the channel and again sounded fish. Sat on them for awhile but still no takers. Did get a few chunky Flatties though.
Headed off and caught some fresh Calamari. Sat on another school of fish for the second tide at around 9pm but still couldn't get a bite.
Was a long day and didn't get home till 1am.
Was still a great night to be out!
They are there and schooling up. Temp was 17C.

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”