Any bites along Cunningham Pier?

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
Tanakt

Any bites along Cunningham Pier?

Post by Tanakt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi, last year we fished along the pier with some success. Just wondering if anyone has tried their luck this year and if they've caught anything worth keeping?

Thanks!
AT..

:reel:
"It just takes on BIG one to keep you coming back for more..."

Jaka474

Re: Any bites along Cunningham Pier?

Post by Jaka474 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Iv tried a few times fishing off there in the past 6 months with some bait, think i was using squid. Not a bite there for me. I have seen people there the same days with a few pinkies and whitting and even a little poort jacko shark but not much for me?

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Asked a guy the other day said they had been on holidays for the past week and not much happening all the 5 days they had been out around Cunningham.

He ended up catching a Soldier fish, so after I took the hook out for him...have you ever seen such a wuss go fishing and scared of fish?

Fahro

Post by Fahro » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 am

I was there Sunday night with not soo much of even a sign of life there lol, i went there last year once with my younger brother and had a great night catching some decent sized pinkies, flathead and whiting.

Tanakt

Post by Tanakt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to have a go today! Well keep ya all posted when I get back...
"It just takes on BIG one to keep you coming back for more..."

moeyluigi

Post by moeyluigi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeh I'd been keen to hear how u go.. Would fishin the morning or night result in diff fish? Cause I'm expecting the trevalla to make an appearance soon and in good numbers hopefully

Martyjohnson

Post by Martyjohnson » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am

fished the end of cunningham pier, in my boat last night, burleyed up using tuna oil, pilchard pellets and bread and bits of pillies, had whole small squid on and a couple of different plastics and hard bodies and couldnt even get a pike, not even one nibble.

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Yep confirmed nothing, even around there, maybe the netters have come in early this year, lots of grass/weed in the water.

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”