fishing indented heads/portarlington/st leonards

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Hectic habbib

fishing indented heads/portarlington/st leonards

Post by Hectic habbib » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm

hi guy me and my old man have just started fishing on the Bellarine peninsula and haven't had much luck, i've heard alot about snapper, whiting, squid ect. we have been out a couple of times within the past week and pulled in a couple of flatheads and heaps of banjo sharks. i tryed jigging for some squid to see if they are playing but not one. just asking if anyone can give be some advice or help on the area, cheers

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: fishing indented heads/portarlington/st leonards

Post by Nude up » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Which spot exactly. off portarlington I drift for flathead from the radio reporting beacon to the first channel markers, point Wilson spoil grounds for Snapper channel marker 7 to Avalon just sound them up. Squid are everywhere just find the the right bottom for them weedy broken ground indented head near the red marker is a good starting point all the way to swan bay, whiting you can’t go past Burke st st Leonard’s just look for the boats the Maltese navy will be there

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Nude up wrote:Which spot exactly. off portarlington I drift for flathead from the radio reporting beacon to the first channel markers, point Wilson spoil grounds for Snapper channel marker 7 to Avalon just sound them up. Squid are everywhere just find the the right bottom for them weedy broken ground indented head near the red marker is a good starting point all the way to swan bay, whiting you can’t go past Burke st st Leonard’s just look for the boats the Maltese navy will be there
I thought it was the Greek navy ! :rofl: someones playing funny buggers with the flags !
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 pm

hornet wrote:
Nude up wrote:Which spot exactly. off portarlington I drift for flathead from the radio reporting beacon to the first channel markers, point Wilson spoil grounds for Snapper channel marker 7 to Avalon just sound them up. Squid are everywhere just find the the right bottom for them weedy broken ground indented head near the red marker is a good starting point all the way to swan bay, whiting you can’t go past Burke st st Leonard’s just look for the boats the Maltese navy will be there
I thought it was the Greek navy ! :rofl: someones playing funny buggers with the flags !
Lol my next door neighbor in port is Maltese great guy loves a beer

Hectic habbib

Post by Hectic habbib » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:03 am

cheers for the advice, when we go off port its around steele rock and drift, indented and st leonard's we drift a bit of every where. does anyone know where a drop off is or is all of the area shallow. :water: :water: :water:

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am

Hectic habbib wrote:
cheers for the advice, when we go off port its around steele rock and drift, indented and st leonard's we drift a bit of every where. does anyone know where a drop off is or is all of the area shallow. :water: :water: :water:
Off indented heads about 3k out is Prince George bank you can not miss it it’s a red marker with a basket good drop offs around it.
Near the mussel farm off indented head plenty of squid near the red marker .
There is a second channel that runs off the main Geelong shipping channel between markers 1 to 4 if you head towards the Werribee side cross the main shipping channel and watch your sounder you will come across another channel normally you will see boats anchored ther

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”