Queenscliff Marina

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
LachyBell

Queenscliff Marina

Post by LachyBell » Mon May 14, 2018 10:29 am

Just wondering if you can fish in the Queenscliff Marina/Harbour and what areas.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Queenscliff Marina

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 am

You can fish the harbour. Great spot :thumbsup: amazing how many different species are in there.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 am

You may have missed this down the page a little.

viewtopic.php?f=150&t=20638
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 am

Lightningx wrote:You can fish the harbour. Great spot :thumbsup: amazing how many different species are in there.
Definately gonna give it a crack, are there any flatties or is just trevally, salmon, wrasse and squid and stuff

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 14, 2018 11:45 am

LachyBell wrote:
Lightningx wrote:You can fish the harbour. Great spot :thumbsup: amazing how many different species are in there.
Definately gonna give it a crack, are there any flatties or is just trevally, salmon, wrasse and squid and stuff
Yea I’ve seen flatties caught there as well. Last time I was there the missus and I got onto a school of chunky sambos. All good size ones with metals. Some big trevs in there too. Plenty of wrasse and leather jackets and squid as well.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm

LachyBell wrote:Just wondering if you can fish in the Queenscliff Marina/Harbour and what areas.

There is "NO FISHING " written inside the harbour on them poles but as long as you respect the area and not leave rubish and seaweed all over the place the locals and port security wont mind. Dont jump onto any moored boats to fight fishes either, ive seen some idiots done that and was told off by port security. People around there are realy nice so you should be fine to enjoy a bit of fishing. Goodluck :water:

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Kenle wrote:
LachyBell wrote:Just wondering if you can fish in the Queenscliff Marina/Harbour and what areas.

There is "NO FISHING " written inside the harbour on them poles but as long as you respect the area and not leave rubish and seaweed all over the place the locals and port security wont mind. Dont jump onto any moored boats to fight fishes either, ive seen some idiots done that and was told off by port security. People around there are realy nice so you should be fine to enjoy a bit of fishing. Goodluck :water:
I went down to fish the marina for the first time not long ago but saw the sign and there was nobody fishing so went down to the pier instead. Can you fish anywhere or is there a certain spot us fishos are able to access without being told to move along and causing a scene.

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Tue May 15, 2018 9:26 am

KeenAds wrote:
Kenle wrote:

I went down to fish the marina for the first time not long ago but saw the sign and there was nobody fishing so went down to the pier instead. Can you fish anywhere or is there a certain spot us fishos are able to access without being told to move along and causing a scene.
Well apparently you can as plenty of people have said. Did you catch anything on the pier

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 am

Usually every time I go to that pier I don’t go home empty handed.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am

1 small squid and a salmon.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”