portarlington mon 4th

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: portarlington mon 4th

Post by Nude up » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 am

Born2fish wrote:
Nude up wrote:Had a slow start to today launched around 1200 hrs at the point richards rd boat ramp and headed over to a spot I have near arther the great bouy. I have done well there on flathead and small gummies and it didn't dissapoint. Caught a few reasonable flatties nudging low 40, s and a small gummie going 52cm for the measured length it was a beautiful day and quite warm around 1430 I noticed some very dark clouds coming from the geelong area. I upped anchor and headed over to clifton springs to try for a few squid before the rain.
It took me an hour to get 8 squid but I could see the rain starting to fall so I headed back to the ramp when I got back to the ramp there was an old friend of mine he had a good bag of flatties it was 1530 and he had to go to work. As I cleaned my fish the rain came down but luckily the ramp now has a cleaning table with a roof.
I had to take one of my wifes dogs with me he can't stand being left alone I think he had a good day as I type this he is sound asleep on my knee.[/quote

Hey mate how deep is the ramp there I have been there couple times and looked way to shallow so used St Leonard's
How deep was the gummy is well buddy
Congrats looks like a good day out there
I was getting about 1.2 on the sounder as I left I have never had a problem at this ramp just don’t turn right to quick or you will run aground I head for a single red marker before turning right.
The gummie was taken in around 7 mt of water

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 am

Its a dogs day after all by the looks of it, Looks nice and comfortable there probably thinking , i can get used to this sorta life :-D
looks like you had a great day and that's all that matters.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:33 am

blacklab99 wrote:HaHa,
Looks like the skipper is right comfortable there in the captains seat !
Took my lab out with me once, was a disaster !
As soon as my back was turned, bait gone, followed by dog spew up front !
To top that off, back at the ramp, she was off like a dog shot in the balls looking for my Ute, causing mayham in the car park.
Your's looks well at home.......

Col
ahahaha you broke the first rule with labs, never turn your back on them when there's food around(or anything they can shovel down really) :rofl:
i miss my 4 dogs dearly...

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Lol

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Nude up wrote:
Born2fish wrote:
Nude up wrote:Had a slow start to today launched around 1200 hrs at the point richards rd boat ramp and headed over to a spot I have near arther the great bouy. I have done well there on flathead and small gummies and it didn't dissapoint. Caught a few reasonable flatties nudging low 40, s and a small gummie going 52cm for the measured length it was a beautiful day and quite warm around 1430 I noticed some very dark clouds coming from the geelong area. I upped anchor and headed over to clifton springs to try for a few squid before the rain.
It took me an hour to get 8 squid but I could see the rain starting to fall so I headed back to the ramp when I got back to the ramp there was an old friend of mine he had a good bag of flatties it was 1530 and he had to go to work. As I cleaned my fish the rain came down but luckily the ramp now has a cleaning table with a roof.
I had to take one of my wifes dogs with me he can't stand being left alone I think he had a good day as I type this he is sound asleep on my knee.[/quote

Hey mate how deep is the ramp there I have been there couple times and looked way to shallow so used St Leonard's
How deep was the gummy is well buddy
Congrats looks like a good day out there
I was getting about 1.2 on the sounder as I left I have never had a problem at this ramp just don’t turn right to quick or you will run aground I head for a single red marker before turning right.
The gummie was taken in around 7 mt of water
Cheers mate

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”