Clifton springs 8th oct

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Clifton springs 8th oct

Post by Nude up » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 am

launched around 5pm at portarlington and decided to fish the turn of the channel off Clifton springs. I had plenty of fresh bait my next door neighbour smashed the squid off queenscliff on Sunday and gave me half a dozen some of the ones he had were huge.
Anyway when I got to the turn there must have been about 20 boats there and I couldn’t get to my mark where I had done alright before, I anchored up got set up and a bit of rain set in 90% of the boats left ripper I thought I moved to my mark with promising signs re anchored baits in burley going.
The tide was going out with the low at about 930 pm flathead flathead no snapper by 10 pm I had had enough I did think about sleeping in the boat but I had left my sleeping bag at home so I went home to a bottle of red instead.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Clifton springs 8th oct

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:39 am

Nude up wrote:launched around 5pm at portarlington and decided to fish the turn of the channel off Clifton springs. I had plenty of fresh bait my next door neighbour smashed the squid off queenscliff on Sunday and gave me half a dozen some of the ones he had were huge.
Anyway when I got to the turn there must have been about 20 boats there and I couldn’t get to my mark where I had done alright before, I anchored up got set up and a bit of rain set in 90% of the boats left ripper I thought I moved to my mark with promising signs re anchored baits in burley going.
The tide was going out with the low at about 930 pm flathead flathead no snapper by 10 pm I had had enough I did think about sleeping in the boat but I had left my sleeping bag at home so I went home to a bottle of red instead.
Got a couple of just legal pinkys at turn, on micro jigs few weeks back...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

azkay

Post by azkay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi Nudeup,

Was there on Saturday, full house again on the turn, anchored away from the boats, no reds, few flatties and squid for the trip.. Most the other boats at the ramp had similar results, didnt see a red. Apparently, Friday night they were on the chew..
Az.

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Nude up wrote:launched around 5pm at portarlington and decided to fish the turn of the channel off Clifton springs. I had plenty of fresh bait my next door neighbour smashed the squid off queenscliff on Sunday and gave me half a dozen some of the ones he had were huge.
We were out to not far from Clifton we got some other suprise fish wait for later I'll put Em up

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Welcome back to AU mate! Hope the trip went well. Snapper still seem very hit n' miss, but things should become more consistent as the water temp creeps up a bit. There's a real buzz about getting that first one for the season on the board. Bet you were glad to be back on the water. Better luck next trip mate!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Nice report mate.
Was nice of your neighbour to give you half a dozen of his catch!

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Redhunter wrote:Welcome back to AU mate! Hope the trip went well. Snapper still seem very hit n' miss, but things should become more consistent as the water temp creeps up a bit. There's a real buzz about getting that first one for the season on the board. Bet you were glad to be back on the water. Better luck next trip mate!
Hi mate had a great trip going to the Vatican has not helped me hopefully it will fire up soon for me

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 am

azkay wrote:Hi Nudeup,

Was there on Saturday, full house again on the turn, anchored away from the boats, no reds, few flatties and squid for the trip.. Most the other boats at the ramp had similar results, didnt see a red. Apparently, Friday night they were on the chew..
Hi azkay
There must be a few around huge scales at the cleaning table at point wilson

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 am

From Facebook
Screenshot_20181010-122141.png
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”