portarlington mon 5th

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

portarlington mon 5th

Post by Nude up » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:55 pm

I had every intention of getting up at 4 am but I had a couple too many last night with my son and did not feel the best. As I lay there listening to the rain I heard a ship blow its horn 5 times I could only guess that people were anchored in the channel more later.
I launched around 9 there were lots of boats around the channel I headed to grassy point for squid but struggled to find any just a lonely cuttlefish. I headed out a little deeper but failed to sound anything decent drifted a little bit but the small flathead were shocking kept a few over 30 cm.
I have to work tomorrow so I headed back in around 2 ish as I was cleaning my fish another guy was cleaning a couple of snapper as we were chatting I said I had heard the ship blast his horn he said he had heard it as well , he then went on to tell me he spoke with a couple of young guys explaining to them they were anchored in the channel they said according to their gps he wasn't. Sure enough the police boat came around and booked him $200 fine.
I was suprised by the weather today the wind was no where like forecast the rain was pretty heavy at times. Lets hope my next 4 days off are a bit more productive.
Attachments
15414141800500.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: portarlington mon 5th

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Nice report and pic mate.
I know the feeling with the flatties was plagued by undersize ones as well but did still manage to get a nice bag a couple of days ago.
Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”