portarlington mon 12th

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: portarlington mon 12th

Post by barra mick » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Nude up wrote:
Redhunter wrote:That lovely green slimey weed is how it is in this area at this time of year, right through past Pt Wilson and through the "paddock". I find fishing without lead helps the baits not bury into the crap on the bottom and sit on top. If the boat awns it pulls the baits deeper into the slime. Turning over the baits is key. Otherwise a combo of lead and floatation in a rig can help keep baits "just" off the bottom, if made up correctly. Last time I tried that trick I nearly got spooled from a reel carrying over 300m of 10kg line. I locked up and it come to the surface, then a cupla solid tail wacks against mono and "snap" she goes. Bronzie or thresher would be my guess. Not ideal in a 3.8m tinny, but I'm game.
At least you come back with a nice feed Nude Up, but it just isn't quite the same if your target is red. Better luck next trip bud ;)
Hi red hunter I was thinking along the same lines nearly time to catch up again
Were due.....

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Chaba wrote:Thanks for the report Nude up - that looks like a nice feed of Flatties! I'd love to know what pulled the hooks. That fine green weed is a patience tester at the moment.
Hi Chaba that weed gives me the shi@s his time of the year worse than sea lice checking baits every ten minutes I can normally tell from the weight when lifting my rod how much weed has accumulated on my bait

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm

barra mick wrote:
Nude up wrote:
Redhunter wrote:That lovely green slimey weed is how it is in this area at this time of year, right through past Pt Wilson and through the "paddock". I find fishing without lead helps the baits not bury into the crap on the bottom and sit on top. If the boat awns it pulls the baits deeper into the slime. Turning over the baits is key. Otherwise a combo of lead and floatation in a rig can help keep baits "just" off the bottom, if made up correctly. Last time I tried that trick I nearly got spooled from a reel carrying over 300m of 10kg line. I locked up and it come to the surface, then a cupla solid tail wacks against mono and "snap" she goes. Bronzie or thresher would be my guess. Not ideal in a 3.8m tinny, but I'm game.
At least you come back with a nice feed Nude Up, but it just isn't quite the same if your target is red. Better luck next trip bud ;)
Were due.....
Can’t wait after the last time

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Nude up wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Nude up wrote:
Were due.....
Can’t wait after the last time
We're well and truly overdue I reckon fellas. Been far too long between diet cokes and light ices...

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”