St Leonards Pier report

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

St Leonards Pier report

Post by soulstar » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 am

Arrived at the pier at 6:10pm just as the sun was going down! Wind was mild and water was glassy moving into low tide! Tbh only about 6-7 fisherman their! Most chasing squid with jigs including myself! Young lad caught 2 in the first hour. Then another 2 were caught including one I caught at roughly 7:30 or so! At first, I felt the pull (using inkvador squid rod very sensitive)
Then nothing. I was worried I had lost it or potentially brushed past the many weed beds considering low tide! Then every time I reeled in, I’d feel tugs so I thought I had a small one! Once I brought it on to the platform I realised it was larger than the average small squid people catch on this pier.
One thing I did notice is that light pole that shines over the water at night where most, in the early hours fish for squid - seems BROKEN. :o_0:
I didn’t see it turn on at ALL once it got dark, and I started to question whether this was the reason not much people were fishing on the pier like usual. (Ordinary night will have people use tents to secure this spot)
Either way I was happy with the one I got in the 3 hour period I was their and called it a night at 9pm. The 1.5 hour drive home was a bit draining but worth the time out needed to unwind and recoup. :water:

Signing off. :thumbsup:
Attachments
E5539B2A-CBB0-44E5-BB88-8A7E7C52A04C.jpeg

Bugatti

Re: St Leonards Pier report

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:29 am

Great report soulstar

Nice, pleasant and had that nice feel good pace about it. And the best part was "worth the time out needed to unwind and recoup". With a bonus travel companion for the trip home, Mr "soon to be Seb-anized into a meal" squid.

Love ya work

Cheers, Bugatti

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:28 am

Nice one mate

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:31 am

Good size squid there.
Yes driving back at night can be exhausting. Have a rest for a bit if needed, stop by servo and have some nuggets. 15 mins rest can make a lifetime difference.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 am

Nice report and nice work mate!
Enjoy the tasty feed.
Cheers :thumbsup: