St leonards pier Light not working - Update

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

St leonards pier Light not working - Update

Post by soulstar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 am

Hi everyone,

Just an update, as most know the light that faces the sea that shines down on a good patch of water where squid patrol has been out of action for a little while! I have been down their three times in the last week and have been told by locals they seen some kids trying to break it! And succeeded!

I made some calls and have spoken to councils and have made contact with Parks Victoria who are organising for a technician to go out today to investigate!

Once it gets fixed, if anyone can update us all here that would be awesome as I doubt I’ll receive a call advising it’s now fixed!

Still it’s good to hear the authorised personnel are on to it and will be good timing as the weather warms up and we can all continue the season strong for all land based fisherman!

Signing off.

Soulstar.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: St leonards pier Light not working - Update

Post by hornet » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:33 pm

The problem is there's no mesh protecting the illuminating device, any asswipe can cast a sinker or throw a sinker / rock into it destroying it again.

It needs a protective mesh so it doesn't happen again OR someone beat the living bajeeeses outta them to deter this destructive behavior...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:42 pm

hornet wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:33 pm
The problem is there's no mesh protecting the illuminating device, any asswipe can cast a sinker or throw a sinker / rock into it destroying it again.

It needs a protective mesh so it doesn't happen again OR someone beat the living bajeeeses outta them to deter this destructive behavior...
maybe thats a bit to ruff.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Some of the Geelong piers are the same not working.They fix and again destroy.They fix and again destroy.Am i aloud to say hell awaits them. lol

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 pm

hornet wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Yea they need more Permanent fix

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 am

Well I can confirm that they fixed the light! Sadly the power of that light is dim! And not the heavy duty light we have all known to light the pier up for squiding! Sadly my powers don’t go as far as requesting a heavy duty light when they are trying to be energy efficient!

Dammit!

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 pm

soulstar wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 am
Well I can confirm that they fixed the light! Sadly the power of that light is dim! And not the heavy duty light we have all known to light the pier up for squiding! Sadly my powers don’t go as far as requesting a heavy duty light when they are trying to be energy efficient!

Dammit!
atleast you get lights here in caloundra they dont even bother putting them in unless they point to the street and burn power all night doing nothing but lighting empty road that doesnt see a car till 6am yet the folks fishing get to burn through batterys trying to see the water.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”