Red fin in the yarra or plenty river??

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
bigwatkins

Re: Red fin in the yarra or plenty river??

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:29 pm

I was working next to that cafe/nursery for the last 3 weeks haha spewing! But the yarra id really high and running really fast at the moment so no chance.

Out in wantirna now doubt ill get a fish out there

blamo10

Post by blamo10 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 am

Most of the reddies I catch in the plenty are In areas less than a metre deep. Especially around rocks logs and near running water.

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:54 pm

I tried the plenty river today. Seen some really nice stretches of water but no fish :(

Was only flicking spinners and managed to loose my bullet lure on the 3rd cast of the day so spewing on that.

I think it might have been running a bit fast today but i dont no. By no means would i say ive mastered the art of fishing with spinners or soft plastics. Guess ill have to keep practising

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 pm

bigwatkins wrote:I tried the plenty river today. Seen some really nice stretches of water but no fish :(

Was only flicking spinners and managed to loose my bullet lure on the 3rd cast of the day so spewing on that.

I think it might have been running a bit fast today but i dont no. By no means would i say ive mastered the art of fishing with spinners or soft plastics. Guess ill have to keep practising
I had a look at the plenty yesterday while I was nearby, the water was running a fair bit. The river is very hit and miss, somedays it produces very well. Areas along the river with separate pools are easier to fish and produce more often.
Also where about along the river did you fish.?
Here fishy fishy.......

blamo10

Post by blamo10 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:53 pm

This time of the year the plenty is a lot harder to fish with lures from personal exp. but in the warmer months I've caught reddies from greensborough up to Doreen. Shallower pools with running water around rocks seems to be the best spot for them.

blamo10

Post by blamo10 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:53 pm

This time of the year the plenty is a lot harder to fish with lures from personal exp. but in the warmer months I've caught reddies from greensborough up to Doreen. Shallower pools with running water around rocks seems to be the best spot for them.

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 pm

blamo10 wrote:This time of the year the plenty is a lot harder to fish with lures from personal exp. but in the warmer months I've caught reddies from greensborough up to Doreen. Shallower pools with running water around rocks seems to be the best spot for them.
X2

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:31 pm

I parked on bridge in rd and worked my way down to the water falls (Mernda)

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:06 pm

bigwatkins wrote:I parked on bridge in rd and worked my way down to the water falls (Mernda)
next time you go have a crack at the spot i told you about :)

Woollies

Post by Woollies » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:57 pm

You should be more worried about the dirtiness of the water then the flow. You can also find slower moving water, but very rarely can you find any cleaner water to fish

Return to “Other Species”