Beware...80 cm redfin in Shepparton!

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
malleestump

Re: Beware...80 cm redfin in Shepparton!

Post by malleestump » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Heavens Jim you must be in pain walking around with 1 leg longer than the other.Seems your mates have been pulling one leg to give you quite a limp.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm

They are all bigger when they get away!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:44 pm

There was a 2.5kg 40 odd cm whiting on Facebook the other day. Must have gone like stink...

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 pm

It may be hard to believe, but there's no reason a reddie couldn't reach that size, under the right conditions. They're known to nudge 20 years of age, so why not? Although rare, there are some big buggers lurking...
I wonder how many people will be fishing the Shep. Lake this weekend? Was the report submitted by a local tackle shop by any chance?

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:17 am

Redhunter wrote:It may be hard to believe, but there's no reason a reddie couldn't reach that size, under the right conditions. They're known to nudge 20 years of age, so why not? Although rare, there are some big buggers lurking...
I wonder how many people will be fishing the Shep. Lake this weekend? Was the report submitted by a local tackle shop by any chance?
As far as I know the report writer is independent...I don't think he has anything to do with the caravan park alongside the lake either! :) The lake gets some fishing pressure both from shore and yaks and gets covered fairly well. Not sure if a fish of this size could hide/survive for so long...despite the fact there are a lot of weed beds in there. I haven't heard anything more about it not that I have gone anywhere or asked anyone.

Another 'mate' I know used to fish it consistently and always spoke of the large reddies he would get...into the 40's. If I saw the fish myself then that would be different.What an inspiration to go fishing there that would be! So far I am a little bit surprised drewbie has not commented...perhaps he knows something and is holding out on us! :-o
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 am

I heard drew was out the lake last night jim..hence was hes been quiet.

No doubt there is massive redfin in many of lakes.

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:26 pm

That's right boy's, been spending every spare minute down there trying to catch the thing :r problem is since they removed all the shopping trolley's,garbage bins,bbq's,esky's,washing machines,fridges,push bikes & whatever else the good resident's of shepp chose to throw in there there is no bloody structure for the fish to congregate around,there all hiding out in the middle and i cant cast that far :( with me 80lb mono.

It need's re-snagging :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to return it to the glory day's of it's past.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Only 80lb mono Drew, you should go higher just in case you hook a body in there :snap: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Was thinking of dropping back to 50lb on the mainline (still run the 300lb wire trace), but is it worth giving up the fish of a lifetime for :dontknow :dontknow

I'm gonna be awake all night thinking about this one :wall: :wall:

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Maybe it's just bullsh!t rumours spread by M & S to distract the VIP members until their comp finishes? :dontknow
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Return to “Other Species”