Arthur River TAS

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Flathead37

Arthur River TAS

Post by Flathead37 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Has anyone ever chased the sea run brown trout on the Arthur River down on tassies west coast ? Am heading down that way in late Sept early Oct with the boat. Will be fishing hard bodies and plastics. Any help would be great :thumbsup:

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Arthur River TAS

Post by meppstas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:54 pm

I don't fish it Flathead but i do know of a few guys from Sheffield that do on a regular basis. They had a lean season on them this year but hard bodies are the go in the Arthur and Pieman rivers.
October onwards is usually when they head to the West Coast, better fishing when the white bait comes up the rivers as the sea runners go ballistic on them. If you head well upstream in the Arthur River and fish deep (trolling) you could also get into a massive resident brown trout as well. Some of them go up to 15 lb plus and there have been plenty of fisho's busted off from much bigger fish. I know of one lad who battled a large brown for some 20 minutes before it busted off. The hard bodies they use are around 120 - 150 mms long. Don't know what pattern they use though as they don't give any secrets away.
Check out a few of the fishing sites in Tassie you may find some on them as well. I'm only on the one here now so feel free to check it out.
http://www.fishingboatingtasmania.com.a ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Hey thanks Adrian for your reply, have seen a few youtube vids of the area and it looks awesome .Will be taking my 3.95 sea jay 25hp yammie 4 stroke over so will be able to cover most of the river. Will be stocking up on deep divers. congrats on reaching 400 fish for the season. Thanks again Mick

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Flathead37 wrote:Hey thanks Adrian for your reply, have seen a few youtube vids of the area and it looks awesome .Will be taking my 3.95 sea jay 25hp yammie 4 stroke over so will be able to cover most of the river. Will be stocking up on deep divers. congrats on reaching 400 fish for the season. Thanks again Mick
No worries Mick, hope you get onto a few too.. :nicefish!:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Other Species”