Melbourne Trout Lakes, How have they been fishing ?

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Melbourne Trout Lakes, How have they been fishing ?

Post by vxcalais » Sat May 30, 2015 6:57 am

Been out of the fresh game for a while, wanna target some Lake Trout with the kids. Are Karkarook or lakes in Melton any good these days ?

fishmagnet

Re: Melbourne Trout Lakes, How have they been fishing ?

Post by fishmagnet » Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 am

vxcalais wrote:Been out of the fresh game for a while, wanna target some Lake Trout with the kids. Are Karkarook or lakes in Melton any good these days ?

they haven't been stocked for quite a while I don't think and I would assume there's not many left in the lakes at the moment. I suggest you wait till these upcoming school holidays roll around, you'll definitely be in for a better chance. but by all means if you want to go then go! never know what you might catch!

Cheers Sam

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sat May 30, 2015 9:47 pm

fishmagnet wrote:
vxcalais wrote:Been out of the fresh game for a while, wanna target some Lake Trout with the kids. Are Karkarook or lakes in Melton any good these days ?

they haven't been stocked for quite a while I don't think and I would assume there's not many left in the lakes at the moment. I suggest you wait till these upcoming school holidays roll around, you'll definitely be in for a better chance. but by all means if you want to go then go! never know what you might catch!

Cheers Sam
Yeah maybe upcoming holidays it may get stocked. Some had a large stock on Easter Time so there should usually be resident residual fish.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Forget the Lakes in Melton, the fishing in both lakes is very poor.

adamk

Post by adamk » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 pm

was walking around nhill lake loads of fresh sticks mounted in the ground got told green lures suck as tassies an spinners are the go there.
didn't fish it myself maybe next time i go up there

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:44 am

The one's in Geelong are fishing well, trout are very active at the moment, the kids picked up 3 trout this afternoon using power bait on the bottom, no hits on any lures or floaters though.

kubepau

Post by kubepau » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 pm

adamk wrote:was walking around nhill lake loads of fresh sticks mounted in the ground got told green lures suck as tassies an spinners are the go there.
didn't fish it myself maybe next time i go up there
Nhill Lake, as in the lake in Nhill? Or is there one in Melbourne? I grew up in Nhill and never knew anything but carp to come out of that lake

Return to “Other Species”