Does anglers killing carp make any difference?

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Does anglers killing carp make any difference?

Post by bowl » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

50/50 on this on .
Agree that some thread have been shut down.
Early .
Also agree with wolly bugger about this could of been discussed n manged thru pm......

You would of thought that some of these long term ,"respected" members would of gone the pm way n not public way....

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:47 pm

BIG GAV wrote:This thread is drifting off topic.. can all introduced fish I say!! If we wanna fish trout there should be designated lakes not rivers n streams..
Not going to happen as fishing for trout in streams and rivers is a unique sport in itself

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

I'd rather be fishing for small natives and Mac perch in streams than trout, be nice to have the galaxias that are now endangered due to the introduction trout back to strength as well
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Maybe instead of picking on Carp,we should just except that they here to stay and no matter what we do they will still populate. People actually do eat them,i have seen them at the markets.Maybe we need to respect the carp just a little,and not be so cruel to them.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Do what needs to be done Phil.

I am now more content watching the fireworks. Now this carp topic is getting interesting. I need more popcorn.
What's your view on the carp subject?
Are you dangling a bait hoping i will bite?

For as long as they will not mutate and invade the salt water, i rather watch the fireworks than disturb electrons to air my view about this slimy bugger.
Not looking for a bite cador to the contrary thought you may have something worthwhile to contribute?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:

I am now more content watching the fireworks. Now this carp topic is getting interesting. I need more popcorn.

For as long as they will not mutate and invade the salt water, i rather watch the fireworks than disturb electrons to air my view about this slimy bugger.
Not looking for a bite cador to the contrary thought you may have something worthwhile to contribute?
One small thing - carp is not that bad to eat if people know how to clean it. I remember munching on one eons ago. It tasted like any other fresh water fish. Other than that, I rather go with Cam and count eggs. ....1,100,105...1,100,106

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:

One small thing - carp is not that bad to eat if people know how to clean it. I remember munching on one eons ago. It tasted like any other fresh water fish. Other than that, I rather go with Cam and count eggs. ....1,100,105...1,100,106

Given that Asia farms and consumes over 3Million Tons of Common Carp annually, safe to say they are edible. The trick is deep frying them with spices.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Well my gran used to pickle them in jars with curry and onions after copious cooking. Tasted magnificent far as I recall. Depends how hungry you are I guess.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 pm

I am not that hungry

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:17 pm

What also disturbs me a little is when you have pictures of people (particularly children) holding mutilated carp.
Disturbing to think the mental effect it has , especially with yound minds , when your stabbing and splaying for fun's sake.
Understandably, they are a noxious species, a good clean photograph and a quick spike to the head make for better memories.

The colors on some are quite remarkable.

The colors on this Mirror for example. I took this photograph , a good mate caught the fish. It got humanely dispatched afterwards.
I have an excellent photograph.

20160723_140400.jpg
20160723_140400.jpg (33.42 KiB) Viewed 567 times
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Return to “Other Species”