Lake Eucumbene

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Lake Eucumbene

Post by russellh2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Heading to Lake Eucumbene first week in November - Does anyone have any reports on recent trips to Lake or Local Rivers - Alpine Angler report is 10 days old = TIA

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Lake Eucumbene

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:13 pm

The alpine angker report is often off the mark

You probably no this allready but i allwsys troll the banks close at first light wiith a dark and a light coloured tassies.
If these dont work i try rapala minnows or similiar.

Around 9 the suns out so i move to abt the 4 rmeter mark....just so cant see the bottom

In the afternoon hopefully ive found the fish and i just use tbe downriggers cause generally there down deep eating the yabbies

Cheers bm

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks Mick - Yep - I have fished Eucumbene at Middling bank as well AS Middling Bank / Tri Villa / Coppermine as well as Anglers reach / Yens Bay / Cemetery bay over the last 40+ years.
Usually Fly / Bait - Worms and unweighted mud-eye around the trees / Soft plastics - Don't the big browns love the soft plastic Yabbies - Usually fish all night and sometimes sleep most of the day most of the day.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:16 pm

[quote="russellh2"]Thanks Mick - Yep - I have fished Eucumbene at Middling bank as well AS Middling Bank / Tri Villa / Coppermine as well as Anglers reach / Yens Bay / Cemetery bay over the last 40+ years.
Usually Fly / Bait - Worms and unweighted mud-eye around the trees / Soft plastics - Don't the big browns love the soft plastic Yabbies - Usually fish all night and sometimes sleep most of the day most of the
No worries
Let us know how you go
]

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Another tip from my experience get to the dam wall before first light and slowly flat line troll its entire length, after each pass go out wide for few minutes then proceed from the opposite direction to the first pass til an hour past day break. We troll no more than 15mt off the dam wall and if your reasonably quiet you have a good chance of pulling up some lunkers from there if your careful not to spook them.

Return to “Other Species”