Eucumbene Trip // Evinrude 9.5

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Eucumbene Trip // Evinrude 9.5

Post by russellh2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 pm

For those who have viewed my progress on getting my 9.5 Evinrude running - 1.11.2017 before going to Eucumbene, went out on lake Hume for a test run, finally got it started and ran OK for about 20 minutes, Idles OK - Ran at full throttle OK until BANG, Smoke / Steam everywhere - Finally S--T itself.
What to do - Went to Leigh Martin Marine Wodonga and purchased 2017 15HP Mercury for a Great Price with all the goodies , put on boat ( Savage Kestrel) stowed gear, bed, ready to go 2.11.2017

2.11.2017 Arrived Anglers Reach late in day/ Unpacked, feed, bed.
3.11.2017 Up early morning to howling gale blowing straight down the lake, too rough for trolling so found a bay out of the wind and did some bait fishing. Tried Scrub worm and Power-bait combo. Got 3, all on Scrub worms, no touches on power bait. 3PM Called it a day - Lake getting rougher by the hour - Back to house, feed early night.
4.11.2017 - Got up late and did a bit of a tour of the top of the lake - Up to the portal and back, found another sheltered bay, thought we would give it a try, tried Scrub worm and Power-bait combo again, Got 6 , all on Scrub worms, no touches on power bait.
Boat and motor combo sensational, fully loaded gets up and planes at about 3/4 throttle, then back of slightly and maintains plane.
For those who may be interested in accommodation - House Rental at Anglers Reach - "Google" Curragong Lodge Anglers Reach" - Great facility, have been using for the last 10+ years
Next Project - Evinrude 9.5 repair or scrap???

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Eucumbene Trip // Evinrude 9.5

Post by frozenpod » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Scrap the 9.5.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks for the report mate. How full was the lake? Do you have any pictures?

Cheers, Anth

Misheen

Post by Misheen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:19 pm

How much did you pay for the merc?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Scrap the old one. You have a new.one and you can go fishing instead of spendng time tinkering on old one you have no use for.

Sound like you got a few

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Great report russ :thumbsup: Good to hear you got onto a few :-D
Congrats on the new motor hopefully many years of trouble free boating ahead for you :a_goodjob:
Probably should scrap the old one,but if you are like me i would keep it and pull it down to see what went wrong,cant hurt anything now. .Sometimes its good to have something to tinker around with in the shed on a rainy day.

walk the streams

Post by walk the streams » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Andy at Leigh Martin Marine is a legend

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Correct - Andy at Leigh Martin Marine was extremely helpful - Had new motor unpacked / pre delivery services and ready to go in an hour, even threw in some goody's.

Lake is at about 42% full and was falling while we were there - Photo's on mates phone, shall see if I can get them and down load

Merc. - $1990, out of the box - saw it unpacked, including tank and hose as well as oil and measuring cup + + + extremely happy.

9.5 is a timeless project as I am retired and can take my time.

Return to “Other Species”