Top 10 metro redfin hotspots ?

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Top 10 metro redfin hotspots ?

Post by ChrisD » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 am

After giving the SPs another crack yesterday afternoon on the Yarra....and having many follows from Redfin, just couldn't hook on up, I thought I should keep trying.
Figure Redfin weren't a bad target species, however short of a few spots along the Yarra I don't really have any solid leads on metro Redfin.
So figured it might be worth asking for the wisdom of the crowd to come up with a Top 10 locations.
As always, not looking for spot on locations but rather general ideas to go towards a Top 10 list.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Top 10 metro redfin hotspots ?

Post by Sebb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:03 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 am
After giving the SPs another crack yesterday afternoon on the Yarra....and having many follows from Redfin, just couldn't hook on up, I thought I should keep trying.
Figure Redfin weren't a bad target species, however short of a few spots along the Yarra I don't really have any solid leads on metro Redfin.
So figured it might be worth asking for the wisdom of the crowd to come up with a Top 10 locations.
As always, not looking for spot on locations but rather general ideas to go towards a Top 10 list.
How far up in the yarra did you encounter those redfins?
Karkarook lake used to be swarmed with them, but I haven't caught any for a while. Unsure where else in Melbourne that holds redfin. Carps everywhere.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Best spots along the Yarra that I have found are - Yarra Glen, Worri Yallock and Millgrove.
I'm sure they are throughout the Yarra but I have been unsuccessful tracking them down anywhere else so far.

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Caught my PB reddie at Karkarook and used to see people pull them out one after the other down there, although that's going back a few years now. Can't say I've caught very many within the boundaries of metropolitan Melbourne, but I have been catching a few at the Upper Coliban Reservoir and the Coliban River, both of which aren't too far beyond city limits.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:55 am

Auravale lake on any 30+degree day.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Other Species”