I lost a big trout today - Cool Footage captured

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
thebigal_au
Has liked: 5 times

I lost a big trout today - Cool Footage captured

Post by thebigal_au » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Video footage can be seen here - https://youtu.be/zeUwWHuPzkc

I bet everyone has a cool story they can share about a good fish that they have recently lost. I just missed out on catching a very large trout today which I managed to capture on my GoPro. I cast my metal lure out and a few seconds later the trout hit it really hard. I battled it for a few minutes, with some intense moments as the trout continually leapt out of the water and then it finally spat the hook only meters away from me.

I landed one about the same size last year which managed to get me on the cover of a fishing mag, Clearly, I was shattered. That feeling when you lose a big fish, and how you relive those last moments over and over in your head, and what you could have done differently.

Again, I bet many here have great stories they can share.
If you enjoy the video footage, then please subscribe to the channel

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: I lost a big trout today - Cool Footage captured

Post by rb85 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 pm

thebigal_au wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:19 pm

I bet everyone has a cool story they can share about a good fish that they have recently lost. I just missed out on catching a very large trout today which I managed to capture on my GoPro. I cast my metal lure out and a few seconds later the trout hit it really hard. I battled it for a few minutes, with some intense moments as the trout continually leapt out of the water and then it finally spat the hook only meters away from me.

I landed one about the same size last year which managed to get me on the cover of a fishing mag, Clearly, I was shattered. That feeling when you lose a big fish, and how you relive those last moments over and over in your head, and what you could have done differently.

Nothing worse than losing a nice fish sometimes I question the motivation of anglers is it for pure enjoyment or vindication from other anglers and sponsorship. In short sponsors and mag shots aren’t worth anything to me it’s all about being in nature catching fish for myself and mates. Good luck Al but I would respect your contribution if it was more than continuous links to your YouTube.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Bad luck on the trout Al it looked like a cracking fish mate.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Know exactly how you feel Al, not good at all especially when it wasn't all that far off from being landed.. ..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Loosing any fish is gut renshing but makes you want to try again

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Enjoyed the vid Al!
Bad luck about the fish mate. It happens to us all from time to time!
Cheers :thumbsup:

thebigal_au
Has liked: 5 times

Post by thebigal_au » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks for your honest feedback. Your right it’s very easy to get lost in the hype when dealing with sponsors and magazines. Rest assure fishing is my absolute unquestionable passion. Getting outdoors and chasing fish with good mates is above and beyond any other external factors. Fishing has become my stress relief from a very complex working environment and the direct avenue to many great friendships. I get many personal messages from random people thanking me for posting the videos and asking me to add more videos of their suggestion. Stepping aside I see how this can give the wrong impression. I appreciate your comments and take them on board to be a more valuable contributor to the forum other than posting vids. It’s always a learning process and feedback like this does help. Best Regards Al

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 pm
thebigal_au wrote:

Nothing worse than losing a nice fish sometimes I question the motivation of anglers is it for pure enjoyment or vindication from other anglers and sponsorship. In short sponsors and mag shots aren’t worth anything to me it’s all about being in nature catching fish for myself and mates. Good luck Al but I would respect your contribution if it was more than continuous links to your YouTube.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:58 pm

thebigal_au wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm
Thanks for your honest feedback. Your right it’s very easy to get lost in the hype when dealing with sponsors and magazines. Rest assure fishing is my absolute unquestionable passion. Getting outdoors and chasing fish with good mates is above and beyond any other external factors. Fishing has become my stress relief from a very complex working environment and the direct avenue to many great friendships. I get many personal messages from random people thanking me for posting the videos and asking me to add more videos of their suggestion. Stepping aside I see how this can give the wrong impression. I appreciate your comments and take them on board to be a more valuable contributor to the forum other than posting vids. It’s always a learning process and feedback like this does help. Best Regards Al

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 pm
thebigal_au wrote:

Good on you Al I honestly believe you will add a lot to the conversations here. Can keep the vids coming as well

Return to “Other Species”