Malmsbury report

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

Malmsbury report

Post by TheNix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:54 am

I'm a little late with this as I've been run off my feet this week, but I fished the Malmsbury reservoir Monday afternoon/evening. I caught six carp all about 45cm (give or take a few cm) and a brown trout about 15cm. There were insects everywhere and from mid arvo onward the trout were rising everywhere, most babies but a few decent ones amongst them.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Malmsbury report

Post by gregmaka » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:06 am

Enjoy the feed mate.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:10 am

Thanks for the report mate!
Sounds like not a bad session.
Cheers :tu:

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 am

How's the access? I believe it's now opened for kayak. Might try to fish there with my yak.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

TheNix

Post by TheNix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 pm

gregmaka wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:06 am
Enjoy the feed mate.
The pelicans did anyway!
Seb85 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 am
How's the access? I believe it's now opened for kayak. Might try to fish there with my yak.
The access to the water is pretty good but there are restrictions where you can enter the water and where you can fish. I have read the signs and I cannot make heads nor tails of them.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:49 pm

TheNix wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 pm
Seb85 wrote:
The access to the water is pretty good but there are restrictions where you can enter the water and where you can fish. I have read the signs and I cannot make heads nor tails of them.
Ah okay. Thanks :tu: I might stick to Eppalock.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

TheNix

Post by TheNix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:49 pm
TheNix wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Ah okay. Thanks :tu: I might stick to Eppalock.
If you can work out the regs, there is some great water in the Kyneton lakes.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks for the report. At least you had some fun landing a few! There's plenty of carp and roach in there. That res has gone from a muddy puddle to 80 odd percent full over the last few months, and now Coliban Water are letting go 144ML/day from it. Will be back to a muddy puddle again this summer I'm sure. It's a waste stocking fish in that place. It's a shame really.

As for access to the 3x reservoirs, Coliban Water has always disliked anglers. Never been any different. There are already boat launching spots that fisheries and the maintenance guys have been using for years, but Coliban Water won't allow public access to them. As for their signage, or "regs" should I say, I wouldn't mind knowing whether they actually have any power to enforce them?? Hope it all backfires on the stubborn pricks and they end up in the dole que.

TheNix

Post by TheNix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:39 pm

When the Malmsbury becomes a muddy pond, I tend to fish the Upper Coliban. The middle of next weeks looks good, I might give the Malmsbury another go while there is still water in it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 pm
That res has gone from a muddy puddle to 80 odd percent full over the last few months, and now Coliban Water are letting go 144ML/day from it. Will be back to a muddy puddle again this summer I'm sure. It's a waste stocking fish in that place.

As for access to the 3x reservoirs, Coliban Water has always disliked anglers.

As for their signage, or "regs" should I say, I wouldn't mind knowing whether they actually have any power to enforce them??
They are some good points Red, almost has that feel of , "Don't let the Public bugga up our reservoirs, we can bugga them up ourselves"

But on the signage or "regs", could they be "Council by-laws" rather than Government Regulations. Here in SA, Councils here seem to be more "righteously regulatory" than the Government :te:

Cheers, Bug

Return to “Other Species”