Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Malmsbury report

Post by Redhunter » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 pm
Redhunter wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 pm
That res has gone from a muddy puddle to 80 odd percent full over the last few months, and now Coliban Water are letting go 144ML/day from it. Will be back to a muddy puddle again this summer I'm sure. It's a waste stocking fish in that place.

As for access to the 3x reservoirs, Coliban Water has always disliked anglers.

As for their signage, or "regs" should I say, I wouldn't mind knowing whether they actually have any power to enforce them??
They are some good points Red, almost has that feel of , "Don't let the Public bugga up our reservoirs, we can bugga them up ourselves"

But on the signage or "regs", could they be "Council by-laws" rather than Government Regulations. Here in SA, Councils here seem to be more "righteously regulatory" than the Government :te:

Cheers, Bug
I've heard that Coliban Water don't want ramps because they are concerned that backing a trailer into the lakes will create mud and dirty the waterways. Quite a joke really, considering every paddock surrounding each lake has livestock that have been bathing in them for many years. Each of the 3 lakes are also full of carp & roach, which are doing more harm than any trailer will. It's simply an "excuse" not to let anglers on the water.
Councils are part of government, Coliban Water is not. I assume it is crown land and Coliban Water are simply the managing party. Do they have the right to enforce their own regs is the question I'd like to know? If I was to launch a boat somewhere they don't want me to, can they do anything about it? Hmm...

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
That res has gone from a muddy puddle to 80 odd percent full over the last few months, and now Coliban Water are letting go 144ML/day from it. Will be back to a muddy puddle again this summer I'm sure. It's a waste stocking fish in that place.

As for their signage, or "regs" should I say, I wouldn't mind knowing whether they actually have any power to enforce them??
They are some good points Red, almost has that feel of , "Don't let the Public bugga up our reservoirs, we can bugga them up ourselves"

But on the signage or "regs", could they be "Council by-laws" rather than Government Regulations. Here in SA, Councils here seem to be more "righteously regulatory" than the Government :te:

Cheers, Bug
I've heard that Coliban Water don't want ramps because they are concerned that backing a trailer into the lakes will create mud and dirty the waterways. Quite a joke really, considering every paddock surrounding each lake has livestock that have been bathing in them for many years. Each of the 3 lakes are also full of carp & roach, which are doing more harm than any trailer will. It's simply an "excuse" not to let anglers on the water.
Councils are part of government, Coliban Water is not. I assume it is crown land and Coliban Water are simply the managing party. Do they have the right to enforce their own regs is the question I'd like to know? If I was to launch a boat somewhere they don't want me to, can they do anything about it? Hmm...
Sure my 12000lb winch and a set of bolt cutters can get me access, but what would be the consequences, if does any party actually has the right to enforce them??

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:18 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
Redhunter wrote:

Cheers, Bug
That is very interesting, and I'd agree, seems more about not wanting boats and clutching at excuses to try and justify it.

Also interesting about what you say about the livestock and water quality. I vaguely remember a Tasmanian Trout Legend, Adrian, made a similar statement about some of the creeks/rivers he fishes in. Amazing how a land based animal can have an impact on water quality , , , , um, oups, well, us humans have been ruining waterways for centuries :(

Just a point, do any of these signs make reference to an act or reg or law , , , , as in "pursuit to the Waterways Act of 1994" or something like that ????

Cheers, Bug, an active dissident :-D

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:18 pm
Redhunter wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
Redhunter wrote:

Cheers, Bug
That is very interesting, and I'd agree, seems more about not wanting boats and clutching at excuses to try and justify it.

Also interesting about what you say about the livestock and water quality. I vaguely remember a Tasmanian Trout Legend, Adrian, made a similar statement about some of the creeks/rivers he fishes in. Amazing how a land based animal can have an impact on water quality , , , , um, oups, well, us humans have been ruining waterways for centuries :(

Just a point, do any of these signs make reference to an act or reg or law , , , , as in "pursuit to the Waterways Act of 1994" or something like that ????

Cheers, Bug, an active dissident :-D
There's no issue with water quality that I know of. Clarity is usually great, unless after a heavy rainfall, or if levels drop under 20%. The livestock are making little affect, and trailers will obviously make little affect as well. Just a case of the managing party being "difficult".

On a side note....It's a different story in regards to Pykes Creek Res though, with closures being frequent due to high levels of ecoli. Dunno if it is bad runoff due to livestock, or toxins in fertilisers, or what the case is. Hope the authorities are putting some effort into working out what's going on there.

Return to “Other Species”