Goulburn River at Molesworth.

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
andreas

Goulburn River at Molesworth.

Post by andreas » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:14 am

I intend to fish a stretch the Goulburn River between Molesworth caravan park and Killingsworth Road.
I will be land based, has anyone had any experience along this part of the river? Any suggestions would be great. :water:

Andreas.

Rod Bender

Re: Goulburn River at Molesworth.

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Haven't been there myself but hopefully someone can help!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Jeffs_gone_fishing

Post by Jeffs_gone_fishing » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey Adreas, it's been a while but I have fished the Molesworth area of the Goulburn River.
From memory the river would have steep banks. I normally fly fish the Goulburn and seldom use lure and bait.
I found fish would normally hang around close to the bank where the the flow is a lot less stronger compared to the middle of the river.
Bait to use would be worms on the bottom, I've also had success with mudeye a metre under a bubble float, let the float drift down the river close to the bank.
Lures, I can't really pass on much info as I haven't been very successful with this style for trout.
Fly fishing, well this time of the year the insect hatches would be during gentleman hours so it's quite pleasant fishing. Just have your general dry fly patterns ready, say #12 dun pattern along with a caddis fly pattern.
If you're lucky and have sunny blue sky then polaroiding for them is the go, if you walk slowly enough upstream you should spot a few close in the bank.

Good luck and let us know you go.

andreas

Post by andreas » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards.

Return to “Other Species”