Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Re: Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Post by Cornacarpio » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 pm

30 degrees or over and you have to go fishing right? Them's the rules. Even if you are tired from a 07:00 start. But rules are rules, and being the law-abiding citizen I am, I dutifully headed down the creek, under duress of course. Now contrary to popular belief, the creek doesn't just consist of 40-50cm small pools (which I am quite partial to) but consists of some 30 kms of water, about a third of which is 'riparian' and ripe for fishing (I just made those numbers up). When I finally got down to the creek, I was getting bites straight away (good sign), but not hooking up (bad sign). After about an hour I was convinced I was cursed and would never catch another Carp again - my last two (or three) attempts have been unsuccessful to say the least. But alas, my fears were allayed about an hour in when I landed a heavily pregnant common to the tune of about 60cm. Now the bites were coming 'thick and fast' a goldfish soon followed, followed by another, even bigger Carp. I was fortunate enough to run into a flyfisher ('at Gardiners Creek!!!) who lent me his landing net to land it, followed by another Goldfish! I was even getting bites in-between all that and hooked another 60cm model who snagged me on a stick. Although I 'only' caught 4 fish, I felt the fish were 'on'. I love these warmer nights and when the fish are biting. I literally couldn't think of a better way to spend a couple of hours after work!

Getting my Carp mojo back!

:bn:

+4

2019/20: 11(1722)
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 pm

When are hunting a metre carp. In Albert parm
Keeping going, Keeping fighting, Keeping fishing, Keeping do your best.

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Re: Cornacarpio's Carp Culling

Post by Murlz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm
Congratulations Mr C Carpio.

Your thread is very entertaining and one of the threads I follow. Always and interesting read and that metre carp shall come, I'm sure.

On this thread. Murlz called it well. This is his post on the very first page of this thread

Murlz wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:58 pm

This could end up being a very--------------long---------------thread.

That's what I do
I fish and I know stuff.
You may call me sir :nw:
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Murlz wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:16 pm

That's what I do
I fish and I know stuff.
You may call me sir :nw:

Sir Murlz :nw:

Cheers, Bugatti

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:32 am

Good to see you getting amoungst them again CC
& nice display/arrangement
Cheers Gra

Cornacarpio

Post by Cornacarpio » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Went for a cheeky fish after work tonight. It took two spots, a bit of cycling and a bit of patience, but I eventually got one about half an hour before sundown. I had literally packed up my first rod and was ready to go when I saw the all too familiar, and subtle, 'tap tap tap' on the second. It fought well above its division and had the line peeling off the spool at a rate of knots. I was actually surprised at how 'small' it was when I eventually landed it (came in at approx. 65cms). Nearly made up for a very lackluster day yesterday, when I was sitting on the bank through long periods of rain without a bite, let alone a fish to my name. The creek is now officially flowing and so are the fish, of the Cyprinidae variety (as is the author of this post). Only a matter of time before its upgrade time - hopefully.

:wt:

+1

2019/20: 12 (1723)
Attachments
75224789_408346576529430_575210294050029568_n.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

Manhatten

Post by Manhatten » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to fishing but very keen to catch some carp. I've been fishing bits of the yarra near studley park/Yarra bend park and up near the chandler highway bridge, I've had a couple of bites but nothing serious, had one big bite that snapped the line after a couple mins (pretty sure my drag was too tight, learnt my lesson there).

I've been mainly using corn or bread for bait, and strangely enough the big bite that I lost was on a soft plastic a very small zman grub that I jigged up right in front of me, where I saw a carp come up for some of the bread I scattered around.

But yeah just want tips or any spots, you can recommend as I've had no luck so far. I'm based in Kew.

Thanks all.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:37 pm

You're doing everything right mate and location is fine - if anything make some burley, mix of bread crumbs/corn/anything fishy like tuna oil or cheap catfood. Make a ball, squeeze it tight enough to hold on impact, but will break apart as the water gets in. Throw out in your general fishing area and that will lift your interest from carp considerably

TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

Post by TheNix » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:42 pm

I'm always amazed at how fat these carp are. I regularly get carp in the 50 - 60 cm range fishing the Kyneton lakes, but they are positively anorexic in comparison to these!

Cornacarpio

Post by Cornacarpio » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:17 pm

Urban creeks/rivers/lakes are made for Carp!

Return to “Other Species”