Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Post by hornet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Cornacarpio wrote:Headed out today in warmish conditions and ended up with 4, some caught on corn and some caught on bread. It was very quiet during the day - I was about to pack up and leave just before they came on the bite! (When it sun was falling and it had cooled down a bit). Missed a few bites, and could have ended up with a few more, but it was still a good day. I love going fishing when it's hot!

+4

2017/18: 78 (1577)

To a confirmed angler, this sport is a way of life rather than the means of getting a good meal. Lack of success should not spoil our enjoyment of the effort, and a full bag should merely set the seal on a satisfying outing. Fisherman may need plenty of patience, as is said, but to an angler who has soaked up his fishing lore the time always seems to run out before he is ready.

Gregory’s Fishing Guide (1967), 5th edition, fully revised, printed by Kenmure Press Pty Ltd, Wetherill and Derby Sts, North Lidcombe, NSW, for Gregory’s Guides and Maps Pty Ltd, 14s Clarence St Sydney, p.4
When you use bread do you just break a piece of and put it on the hook or roll it between your fingers till it's a dough then put it on the hook ? cheers..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 pm

I generally roll it into a ball and put the hook straight through it - seems to stay on better that way. I also have (and use) a home-made bread punch which squishes the bread into a small disc, and again I put the hook straight through. It fluffs up perfectly in the water after a minute or two.

hornet

Post by hornet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Cornacarpio wrote:I generally roll it into a ball and put the hook straight through it - seems to stay on better that way. I also have (and use) a home-made bread punch which squishes the bread into a small disc, and again I put the hook straight through. It fluffs up perfectly in the water after a minute or two.
Thx for the insight on the bait... love your reports... :thumbsup:

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 am

A plastic syringe with then end cut off makes a perfect bread punch. If you've got kids then the ones that come with kids Panadol are perfect for the job ;)

hornet

Post by hornet » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

sloth wrote:A plastic syringe with then end cut off makes a perfect bread punch. If you've got kids then the ones that come with kids Panadol are perfect for the job ;)
Does doing it with a syringe shape the bread differently than rubbing it into a ball ?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:07 pm

I've been told by americans that tortillas make excellent carp bait, and given the texture probably stay on the hook really well.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Headed out today in very pleasant conditions. Got 9 all up - 2 small ones and 7 'micro's'. All taken on bread.

+9

2017/18: 87 (1586)

:water:

The Art of Reading Water

The ability to read water with fish in it is something that comes with experience and a knowledge of the habits and the peculiarities of various species. Some of the “old timers” have developed this art to a point where it seems instinct. Some have greater aptitude for it than others, some have keener senses. Aborigines can easily see fish in the water where the white angler would have difficulty in detecting them, if he could see them at all.

Gregory’s Fishing Guide (1967), 5th edition, pp.59-60
Attachments
27707628_10156257748430362_330011746_o (1).jpg
27653465_10156257710060362_1641683900_o (1).jpg

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:37 pm

4liters wrote:I've been told by americans that tortillas make excellent carp bait, and given the texture probably stay on the hook really well.

They would be corn flavoured tortillas.... :-D :-D :-D

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Nice work Cc :thumbsup:

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Had a bit pf fun with the light gear down at the Lake , took it with Extra Sweet corn fished at range out in the lake :water:

Return to “Other Species”